Weighing Tip

Options
This is new to me, although I suspect it's quite old.

When I'm scooping something like egg salad, I don't usually have a good idea of how much I'll need. It's easier to put the container on the scale, tare it out, and then just enter however many negative grams you've used.

I think this also helps getting a feel for how much is enough for you, instead of being a slave to the serving size.

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think that as long as you have an accurate recipe for the item you're weight, egg salad in this case, that this option should work quite well. You are still going to get a good measurement of what you are eating.
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Neat way to do this.

Thanks for the idea.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I use this trick a lot for things in containers. Mayo, hummus, peanut butter. It's a great tip for anyone who has a scale that can display negative grams!
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use this trick a lot for things in containers. Mayo, hummus, peanut butter. It's a great tip for anyone who has a scale that can display negative grams!

Peanut butter is a great example. Tare it on the scale, scoop some out, set it back down and note the negative number.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Peanut butter is a great example. Tare it on the scale, scoop some out, set it back down and note the negative number.

This exactly. Then make sure to lick the spoon!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

This exactly. Then make sure to lick the spoon!

absolutely..if it's weighed and logged I am eating it all.