• sgos16
    sgos16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My go to lunch has been:

2-3 cups of arugula
    1/2 cucumber
    1/2 avocado
    4 sliced strawberries

All dressed with 1 Tbsp olive oil and the juice of 1/4 lemon. Right around 300 calories, so if you eat meat you could even add some chicken and it'd still be under your goal.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    2 oz oscar mayer black forest ham - 50 calories
    Sargento Thin Sharp Cheddar- 45 calories
    1 tbsp Cracked Red Pepper Hummus
    Snap Pea Crisps- 110 calories
    Goodness Knows Cranberry Dark Chocolate Squares- 75 calories (half package)

I did ham and cheese roll ups today, I usually use Sara Lee 45 calorie bread but its still under 500 calories :)
    I will also switch up the cranberry squares for fiber one brownies. I will post more meals up in a bit :)
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Holy...
    You are my new meal prep idol (and I thought I was doing pretty well)
    do you have recipes for the coconut shrimp or mango salsa?

Also, how do you prepare your baby potatoes?

Aww, thanks. The mango salsa is "Italian Rose" brand, I buy it at Sam's Club. 2 tablespoons of salsa is only 15 calories! For the shrimp, they're definitely not "restaurant" style, as I don't really bread them. They're kind of a "skinny" substitute. They're tasty, but definitely not as delicious as Red Lobster. I just dip shrimp in an egg white, coat them in Bob's Red Mill unsweetened coconut flakes, and throw them in a hot skillet with a bit of coconut oil. Let them brown for a few minutes and flip them. You can also bake them, but I'm always making like 10 meals at once, so the quicker the better for me.

Baby potatoes I slice in half, spritz with Pam Olive Oil, season with a little salt and garlic powder and bake until done. The temp always varies since I'm usually cooking chicken, fish or other veggies at the same time. I just leave them until I can easily stick a fork in them.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Awesome meal prep @paiger816! My diary is open (I'm not sure if you can see people's recipes or not), but almost all of my meals are between 150-350 calories. But I save most of them as recipes.
  • bekgirl5
    bekgirl5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    egg salad and celery! I'm doing keto, so this is a staple for me. Almost no carbs, lots of good fats, protein, keeps you full for a long time.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had 3 slices Turkey bacon, 2 eggs scrambled with a splash of milk and a little butter, and an English muffin with peanut butter. Less than 450 calories and sooo good.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    camsim wrote: »
    Hi anyone want to give me recipes for under 500 calories for my lunch or even 400 calories would be better thanks

500 is a good chunk to work with. I had cauliflower mash today which is 330 calories, and you can add a simple baked chicken breast for about 120 calories or so, depending on the size of it. The mash was more than enough for me though, I had a big container of it. It has three different types of cheeses.. drool.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    My lunch today...

q7xfpfx5hhzt.jpg

Sounds delicious.
    Super easy too...

I like your style, my lunch is usually the same. Lean meat and leaves what could be easier?

I usually do avocado and tuna mash for breakfast or else I'd definitely be adding this one to the diary.
    Is that like tuna salad but with avocado instead of mayo? If so, love it!!!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I meal-prepped 5 days worth of Mexican Turkey Quinoa Skillet, and it is amazing (and super easy):

1 lb ground turkey
    1 (15 oz can) black beans
    1 cup corn kernels
    1 (15 oz can) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
    1 diced jalapeno (optional)
    0.5 cup quinoa, rinsed
    0.5 cup chicken broth
    1.5 tsp cumin
    1 tsp chili powder

brown turkey until fully cooked. Add everything else into the same skillet, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Top with avocado and a splash of lime juice when eating.
    Yum!
    Makes 5 servings and comes in at just under 400 calories per serving (avocado is extra).

Have you ever tried freezing this?
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I meal-prepped 5 days worth of Mexican Turkey Quinoa Skillet, and it is amazing (and super easy):

1 lb ground turkey
    1 (15 oz can) black beans
    1 cup corn kernels
    1 (15 oz can) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
    1 diced jalapeno (optional)
    0.5 cup quinoa, rinsed
    0.5 cup chicken broth
    1.5 tsp cumin
    1 tsp chili powder

brown turkey until fully cooked. Add everything else into the same skillet, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Top with avocado and a splash of lime juice when eating.
    Yum!
    Makes 5 servings and comes in at just under 400 calories per serving (avocado is extra).

This sounds really good! I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Some cookies.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1 lean cuisine, banquet, or SmartOnes microwave meal :tongue: they range between 250-500 calories. The creamy rigatoni with broccoli and chicken I had today was 265.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just had 5 oz of chopped grilled chicken on top of a slice of whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp lite mayo and .5 oz cheese. 298 cal, 11 carb, 12 fat, 39 protein. delicious!
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Add me :) im starting to post more recipes!
  • jonwarr
    jonwarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat a sandwich of a whole 120g tin of tuna in, mixed in some light mayo (or salad cream if you're English). With a handful of spinach leaves. Works out about 400 calories and is plenty filling. I think the macros are about 35g carbs / 8g fat/ 38g protein.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Progresso soup is definitely a go-to for me

Tuna on low cal bread or with crackers

Subway veggie delite sandwich. I had the 6" today for lunch and ate around 3/4 of it and it came up 230 cals
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    All of these have 350 calories or less.

From top to bottom -
    Baked chicken tenders with sweet potato and peas.
    Tortilla encrusted tilapia, with corn, black beans, and cauliflower "rice."
    Salmon, with bowtie pasta and broccoli.

Coconut shrimp with mango salsa, angel hair pasta and green beans.
    Mahi Mahi with mango salsa, broccoli and sweet potato.
    Chicken tenders with green beans and baby russet potatoes.

Very impressive meal prep ideas! I will have to keep these in mind for work.

• Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My go-to lunch at work is a protein bar and a Greek yogurt. Total ~330 cal. And then I eat some jerky on my afternoon break.

There are many better options but I am lazy.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My bentos are always at or under 300 calories. I'm mostly a night eater.

My bottom tier is always veg: I weigh it all every day but it's usually like 21 grams cherry tomatoes, 35 carrots, 30 broccoli, 20 cauliflower, etc. And then a sauce cup full of yogurt dressing.

The rest I mix up. My top tier today is blackberries and like 20 g turkey lil smokies (I love them ahaha) and a lindt sea salt choc square. But sometimes it's some cheese, or lunchmeat, or whatever I'm in the mood for. Rice. You know.

and my side bento is, today, 34g bbq tuna w/ mustard and some wasa crackers, but it's been some sweet potato and turkey skillet or onigiri with teriyaki chicken or whatever. I just adjust the fillings to have it hit between 250-300 total. I do recommend bento because they are cute, yeah, but they're also small, which helps me not think I'm being deprived and gives me a more realistic view on portion
  • lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1 Medium Banana sliced
    1 5.3 oz. cup of Dannon light and Fit Greek Yogurt (I like the salted caramel)
    1/3 cup Quaker Simply Granola -- Honey, Nut & Oats Flavor
    2 Sunsweet dates sliced
    1 tbsp dried cranberries
    1/3 oz. sliced almonds
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries

Stir first six ingrediants together. Top with Blueberries. YUM! 465 calories.