Sexercise (?)

Options

Replies

• JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    No cause if it really burned THAT many calories I wouldn't still be fat lol

Lmao! That's like saying I'm going to run every day and eat 20 chocolate bars after. Idiot it's 70% diet and 30% workout for maximum effort change.

I think it may be you who is missing the sense of humor, this was quite clearly a joke.

• kbatman777
    kbatman777 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Being giving for your spouse helps. Foreplay, switching positions, bring legs up and holding them. There are tricks that can make you last longer. There's no reason a full session shouldn't last 30 to 40 minutes on average. Nothing fun about jumping, pumping, and slumping.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I usually log more calories after the sex. Climbing out the window and running off after my girlfriend's husband gets home.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    No cause if it really burned THAT many calories I wouldn't still be fat lol

Lmao! That's like saying I'm going to run every day and eat 20 chocolate bars after. Idiot it's 70% diet and 30% workout for maximum effort change.

I think it may be you who is missing the sense of humor, this was quite clearly a joke.

Oh sorry. Am I not allowed to be sarcastic back?
  • aimytye187
    aimytye187 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    This isn't a debate. Sex doesn't burn many calories (the average duration of sex is ~5 minutes) and is accounted for in your daily activities.

ETA: This topic is done to death. You can use the search function if you would like to see what has been said in other threads.

5 minutes? What kind of sex are you having!!!!???? Lol I'm only 18 and any sex I've had (witch isn't a whole lot...) has never been that short... Even losing my V card had to have been 10 ish... I didn't time it... But that's what I'm guessing!!! Hahahahaha

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    aimytye187 wrote: »
    This isn't a debate. Sex doesn't burn many calories (the average duration of sex is ~5 minutes) and is accounted for in your daily activities.

ETA: This topic is done to death. You can use the search function if you would like to see what has been said in other threads.

5 minutes? What kind of sex are you having!!!!???? Lol I'm only 18 and any sex I've had (witch isn't a whole lot...) has never been that short... Even losing my V card had to have been 10 ish... I didn't time it... But that's what I'm guessing!!! Hahahahaha

Why do you lie about your age in your profile?

Anyways, you're allowed to say virginity here. Part of me thinks you may still be a virgin.
  • OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OP - You're way too young to have sex - Go run a 5K :)
  • refarre
    refarre Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Same as vigorous stationary rowing. View is just better.
  • Kay_Fancy
    Kay_Fancy Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Did that already. Sorry not sorry. I was bored.

I wouldn't be sorry, and depending on the kind of sex you're having (fetish anyone?) fitness can be a huge component of even being able to have the kind of sex you want. TMI - but my bf and I have sex on average 2-3 times a day (even after 3 years dating) and I can't remember the last time we were done in under 20.

Hell yes I consider sex cardio. If I'm panting and sweaty at the end then it counts.

Also, if you're having sex for around 5 minutes I feel really, really bad for you. There is no debate about how crappy that experience must be.
  • Kay_Fancy
    Kay_Fancy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

OK

5 min? You cant even do a quickie in 5 min how is that average? What data are you using for that stat?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422843

you get that median isn't average right?
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    OldManOne wrote: »
    OP - You're way too young to have sex - Go run a 5K :)

How old do I look to you?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I don't count it, but it should burn some calories if you do it right. Unless you just lay there like a dying cow.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I don't count it, but it should burn some calories if you do it right. Unless you just lay there like a dying cow.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Omg this just made my day!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I do log sex as a workout, but my concern is not the amount of calories. It is that my wife is on this site too, and she is logging sex much more often than I do..... hmmmmm.

Sounds like she's giving you Rohyphenol.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Ive watched people log pushing a grocery cart as exercise here. Ive watched people log walking to their mail boxes to get their mail as exercise here. Ive watched people log singing as exercise here. Just because you can log certain things doesnt mean it is burning a lot of calories and isnt already included in your daily activities.
    I dont know if people start these sex threads to be cute or what but its been asked at least once a week for years. As adults , it should be expected that we will push a grocery cart,get mail, or have sex . Its just part of life.
  • mathes8o8
    mathes8o8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread, so much arguments and defense comments! I don't understand why anyone would argue what sex can or can't do for you!? Regardless of how many calories it burns isn't it just really fun to do!? Just add it to whatever you do or don't do through out the day pennies add up ^_^

And chances are if your not burning much calories during sex then that means your partner is! :D
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about calories burned, but certain kinds of intercourse can have a "cleansing" effect that may show positive short-term weight loss results.

I'm ready for my cleanse.
  • mrmikecejka
    mrmikecejka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lol.. I was a group fitness instructor for many years and in monitoring students workout journals I had a married couple fill in their exercise homework as "sex".

I chuckled and told them they could only count it as exercise if it lasted 45 min....

The wife looked at her husband and then to me and said nope definitely not exercise then...

We all had a big laugh!
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Did that already. Sorry not sorry. I was bored.

Then post in the chit chat section. This isn't a debate.

This is chit chat you silly goose!