I finally did a squats

Options
Sasiigirl
Sasiigirl Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Today I actually did 20 squats and didn't cry about it.

Replies

• filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Now on to lunges and dead lifts.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Body weight or weighted? Wait till you have 100+lbs on your back. That's when the fun begins
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love (sort of) squats now because less than 2 years ago I couldn't do them.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    good on you ! well done
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 4 week Squat Plan. Squats are something I can easily do at work. I've been thinking about starting 28 Day Squat Challenge. Should I take a break before starting.. Or just push forward? My only other exercise is walking. Hoping to move to jogging before long. Just don't know if I would be over doing it.
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Body weight or weighted? Wait till you have 100+lbs on your back. That's when the fun begins

Lol, had one coach that made me do 100 bodyweight squats as the rest for the 10x5 squat sessions at 75% he'd grind me through.

Fun times.
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I just finished the 4 week Squat Plan. Squats are something I can easily do at work. I've been thinking about starting 28 Day Squat Challenge. Should I take a break before starting.. Or just push forward? My only other exercise is walking. Hoping to move to jogging before long. Just don't know if I would be over doing it.

Thanks. I was looking at the squat challenge also. Tell me how it goes. Good luck!
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    Sasiigirl wrote: »

Thanks. I was looking at the squat challenge also. Tell me how it goes. Good luck!

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I love squats--they make such a difference.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Just body weight... lol. I'm just excited that I did them right. I'm no where close to doing them with weights. ;)

just wait until you do it SURROUNDED BY crocodiles in the middle of a marsh while solving physics problems dictated to you in an ancient slavic language no longer spoken. THEN you'll REALLY be awesome.

or nah...

You're awesome af! :smiley: congrats!!!
    This needs more appreciation.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Lol, had one coach that made me do 100 bodyweight squats as the rest for the 10x5 squat sessions at 75% he'd grind me through.

Fun times.

I'm not that coach but I do begin my athletes on a 200 squat warm-up at the beginning of every practice from day one. All are warned plenty of time before season begins. Without fail, several have to slide down stairs rather than walk the next morning following the first day. You can imagine some of the other stories I've heard over the years.

• ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Fun times.

I'm not that coach but I do begin my athletes on a 200 squat warm-up at the beginning of every practice from day one. All are warned plenty of time before season begins. Without fail, several have to slide down stairs rather than walk the next morning following the first day. You can imagine some of the other stories I've heard over the years.

Oh yeah, I went to a gym that was on the second floor of a facility. Stairs on leg day are more like descending Everest with a fixed line.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yay! keep up the good work. I loooove squats. (I know, I'm crazy, lol)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

Fun times.

Oh yeah, I went to a gym that was on the second floor of a facility. Stairs on leg day are more like descending Everest with a fixed line.

Yep, similar. My gym has 3 levels and my trainer also makes me do body weight squats in between my weighted squats and lunges. Not nearly to the level you do, of course, but still painful. Getting downstairs to my locker and then back upstairs out to the parking lot is a struggle on those days.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Today I actually did 20 squats and didn't cry about it.

You may cry tomorrow. :smiley: Not really but when you add even the weight of a bar, its totally going to change things, or did for me anyways. I hurt pretty bad today.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

3 years ago next month it's how I started...30 day squat challenge...made a difference.

today I am squatting 130lbs x27 for my workout...

PR is 205...if you want to get there you will.
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

haha...I just got to that fun