LCHF diet

Options
kda31952
kda31952 Posts: 5 Member
Looking for others on the Low Carb High Fat Diet. I have been on this new way of eating for 5 weeks and would like to talk with others on this diet.

Replies

• Momof3BigPups
    Momof3BigPups Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been LCHF since September 2015 .. what questions might you have?
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am looking at trying this lifestyle, but I just don't know what I would eat!!!
  • Linda50ish
    Linda50ish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing LCHF for a week, lost 5 lbs. so far.
  • kda31952
    Options
    I've been LCHF since September 2015 .. what questions might you have?

I wanted to know if the weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week is the norm. I also find that because of little to no fruit that constipation can be a problem and needed some advise on that since I have not lost any weight for over a week now.
  • paigeharman66
    paigeharman66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have found it hard to get enough calories in with doing LOW CARB diet, but I have found that taking protein shakes or smoothies that are low in carbs/fats helps a lot in getting those extra calories in.
  • kda31952
    Options
    I have given up sugar and all breads, rice and pasta. I started tracking to see why I am not losing weight recently. I lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • Linda50ish
    Options
    Does anyone do bulletproof coffee? I am at 1200 calories or less...sometimes just not hungry.
  • Linda50ish
    Options
    I have my nutrition set up at 75% Fat, 20% Protein, 5% carbs...is that what you guys are using as a guide?
  • kda31952
    Options
    Linda50ish,
    I am doing the same ratio but not losing much. I thought since I have 80 pounds to lose that I would lose weight faster in the beginning on the LCHF diet.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Linda50ish wrote: »
    I have my nutrition set up at 75% Fat, 20% Protein, 5% carbs...is that what you guys are using as a guide?

Good place to start.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am looking at trying this lifestyle, but I just don't know what I would eat!!!

Here's a link to a really nice easy to follow website with basic info, shopping list and recipes and alternatives.. etc http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

I've been doing really well at this for a bit now - although i'd say a bit of meal prep and planning seriously helps when you're getting started.. after a while it seems quite effortless. :)
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Linda50ish wrote: »

I've got my ratio's at that too... I did start at 30% protein and 65% fat but something I read made me change it.. I have to say I find these new ratios easier to follow as I never managed to get enough protein but always overdid the fat! lol