No change in weight! HELP PLEASE!

Options
Okay, so I am 16 years old and have been trying to lose weight for like 3 months? But I am still as heavy as before!

Starting weight: 62.6kg
Current Weight: 61.2kg
Fat percentage: 28.8%
Height: 167cm

People generally call me fit.. but they have no idea that I am this heavy...

This is what I do to lose weight:
1. I wake up at 7am to run for 40 mins (~350cal)

2. I control my eating to 1300 calories everyday. (I read nutrition facts VERY carefully)
Breakfast: Oatmeal, Oranges
Lunch: Big salad, fruit
Snack: Granola bar
Dinner: Fish, Broccoli, chinese stuff

3. I go to the gym at 7pm to do some weight training and jog for 40 mins (~300cal)

Adding the unexpected snacking, that usually gives me a net calorie of 900.

I know I am supposed to eat up those exercise calories, but I honestly can't stuff myself that full! Like, I am extremely full at the end of the day and realize that I still have so much calories left!

I have been seeing no weight change. Sometimes I gain lots of weight (up to 63.8kg!) and the lowest weight I have been ever is 57kg. So I know that I can go down to 57kg!

My goal weight is 55kg!! I want to have a healthy BMI!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds hard, but especially at your age you really need to be eating more net calories than that. I don't know how much I believe in the idea of "starvation mode" necessarily, but I do believe it takes a certain amount of food to maintain proper nutrition. It sounds like you are extremely active. I'm not a proponent of eating just to eat, but maybe try having a protein bar (Cliff, Luna, etc) after your P.M workout. For me, if I workout in the evening it's really important that I have a little something afterwards to heal my body and provide adequate nutrition overnight (because you really are going 8+ hours without food at that time).

Second, I think you should take a look at your goal. your body fat percentage is quite high, but overall your don't really have that much to lose (I had to do conversions, so hopefully I did those correctly). Maybe change your weight loss to only 1/2 lb a week (by MFP, do they have kg settings?). It's definitely something more steady for someone your age and will allow you to have better nutrition overall.

That would be my suggestion. Other than that, it sounds like you are eating quite well.
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Hiya this week I haven't noticed any weight loss on the scales but I have been using a tape measure n that's a better result so maybe buy one. I lost 3 inches around my tummy in a week which is brilliant. You could try it see if it works.
    Good luck x
  • SuperBonBon79
    Options
    are you feeling sluggish at all? Maybe your thyroid is to blame? I know that was part of my problem.
    best of luck to you though :)
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    you don't need to stuff yourself, just eat more calorie dense foods, like nuts for example
  • HDFUGU
    HDFUGU Posts: 4
    Options
    Anne, if your height is 167cm and your weight is 61.2, then your BMI should be 21.9,
    where did you get the 28.8% figure?
  • wilbailey3
    wilbailey3 Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't see a problem with your weight!

You're 5' 5" - 167cm.

We all have our hang ups! (no one else sees them)!

I have a friend; she's 4' 10" (147.3 cm), and she weighs 129lbs (58.63kgs) -

and to look at her; you would think she weighs 90lbs.

You are fine! (you're 16, and your body will change a lot as you get older)!

If you do the same exercise everyday (all the time); maybe your body has adapted!

Switch it up!

Don't let your body know what your gonna do with it! (shock it)

(BOOT CAMP)

Eat a little something, before you get going!

Cheer up!:happy:
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anne, if your height is 167cm and your weight is 61.2, then your BMI should be 21.9,
    where did you get the 28.8% figure?
    I was thinking the same thing, no way she has almost 30% body fat
  • angieweaver
    Options
    Sometimes when I forget about the calories...it will jump start my weight lose again. For example, we ate pizza last night and I should have only eaten 2 small pieces. Of course I ended up eating 4....at 9:30 pm. This morning I was so stressed I got up at 5:30 to go walk the dog trying to burn off those added calories from the night before. Before I left I got on the scale and had actually dropped .5 pound. An occasional cheat in some cases, will jump start your metabolism again. Just remember if you do cheat....moderation. Good Luck!
  • LakMay
    LakMay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I didn't expect to see so many replies! :happy:

Thank you all so much!
    I will try to eat those exercise calories back and maybe change my routine up a bit.
    I feel very active so I think my thyroid is probably fine :happy:
    Haha that is the first time that I have heard to forget about the calories.. It will be very hard for me but... I will try! :D
    I will rethink my goal and buy a tape measure! :D

And again.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR ADVICE!! :laugh:

Oh yeah also. I have no idea? Why do I have such a high fat percentage? What the hell is wrong with me LOL?
    I mean I wear size 2 shorts? And size small in american brands...
  • Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe try getting those calories by drinking 1-2 scoops of whey isolate protein. You get protein and calories.
  • mom2ajnsz
    mom2ajnsz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you may be like me where my body holds on to carbs and they in turn make me more hungry. trade some carbs in for some protein. a hard boiled egg in place of your granola bar or something.

the other thing that helps is to exercise within 30 minutes of eating simple carbs. you can burn the calories more easily before they break down into sugar.

don't lose hope. losing weight and getting more fit is a life long commitment.