Moved here 10 months ago from Sweden

Options
I moved to the east coast last summer, and adjusting to an American lifestyle resulted me in gaining a solid 15 pounds. The goal is to lose 20, and hopefully adopt a healthy lifestyle permanently!

Would love to make some friends that are in the same situation! :)

Replies

• redsunrisemountain
    redsunrisemountain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals.
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When I holidayed in America I gained 10 lbs so I know what you mean haha. Good luck with your targets, am trying to lose about 20Lbs at the minute too.
  • bertro514
    bertro514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haha, I know the feeling. Moved from Europe to Canada 10 years ago and gained like 40lb in the first 5 years. Only now have I found the motivation to start losing them. Down from 220 lbs to 188 and aiming for 175. Calorie counting does work and I love this app for it.
  • Bradford904
    Bradford904 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good old 'merica land of fast food and high calories. :smiley: now that you know better and have looked behind that sparkly wall to see the results of too much of the "good life". I'm glad you have made the switch to the healthy life.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good old 'merica land of fast food and high calories. :smiley: now that you know better and have looked behind that sparkly wall to see the results of too much of the "good life". I'm glad you have made the switch to the healthy life.

I'm stating think USA is a health hazzard!
    It's not so good in Australia as well!
  • spankmonkeycfc
    spankmonkeycfc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    6pkdreamer wrote: »

I'm stating think USA is a health hazzard!
    It's not so good in Australia as well!

What you mean it's not all swim, surf and body beautiful - that's my holiday cancelled! ;)
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Australia has some of the best food influenced from many countries and a strong coffee culture.
    But also have a strong fast food sector mainly adopted from USA. Luckily there is a fix also from USA- MFP to the rescue.
    Beach folk are generally in great shape so you fit just fine!
  • daazzled
    daazzled Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lewisg51 wrote: »
    When I holidayed in America I gained 10 lbs so I know what you mean haha. Good luck with your targets, am trying to lose about 20Lbs at the minute too.

It's dangerous isn't it! Good luck on your journey :)

Ain't that the truth! I'm blaming it on chick fil a....
    bertro730 wrote: »
    Haha, I know the feeling. Moved from Europe to Canada 10 years ago and gained like 40lb in the first 5 years. Only now have I found the motivation to start losing them. Down from 220 lbs to 188 and aiming for 175. Calorie counting does work and I love this app for it.

Ahh you definitely know my struggle! Glad I decided to stop my binge just 10 months into it haha. Good luck on your journey!