Any vegans?

Options
I went vegan several weeks ago and decided to start up fitness pal again to get a good read on my nutrition as I varied my diet. I wanted to be sure I have high enough protein. Have about 15 lbs to lose. Really loving it!

Replies

• AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Today is my 1st day! Have been a vegetarian for 4-5 years but ready to take the next step of cutting out chicken and cheese. Facebook has a page called Challenge 22. It's a vegan diet for 22 days. It starts this Friday, April 15th
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AEROBICVIC wrote: »
    Today is my 1st day! Have been a vegetarian for 4-5 years but ready to take the next step of cutting out chicken and cheese. Facebook has a page called Challenge 22. It's a vegan diet for 22 days. It starts this Friday, April 15th

Sorry, but huh? Chicken is not vegetarian
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Um...the rest of my reply went anyway.

Anyway, have you checked out the oh she glows blog? Lots of vegan recipes, super yummy!
  • ceri720
    ceri720 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have found several good blogs - yes like oh she glows!
  • ceri720
    Options
    Aerobic - j have seen several challenges - and some apps for recipes - good support out there! Best of luck - I am loving it
  • MrsBodo
    MrsBodo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am most vegan... ovolacto vegetarian but don't process dairy well which leaves me at vegan + eggs. I don't do well with soy or gluten based proteins either, so am also here for protein ratio tracking
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm vegan too, add me if you'd like. Also check out the vegan corner on YouTube, my fav place for recipes!
  • BlueDaisy717
    BlueDaisy717 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey I was vegetarian for over a year and went vegan 2 months ago. Feel free to add me and I second the vegan corner for great recipes :)
  • MandiCole1
    MandiCole1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Been vegan without any cheating for 2 days, and now that I've committed I can't see ever going back!
  • Meiya007
    Meiya007 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Challenge 22 is fantastic! I'm on the last week of the one that started late March. I was a vegetarian who ate mostly vegan then, but now, vegan for life! I'm loving it so much. I'd also suggest checking out Bite Size Vegan on youtube and look up her video on getting protein as a vegan. There are 3 videos, one with Dr. Michael Greger, one just her, and one where she interviews vegan pro body builder Torre Washington- who doesn't track protein! She also has an entire "Where do you get your _____ as a vegan?" series, and other awesome videos. I also like watch vegan body builder Jon Venus on youtube as well. And always remember, lots of plants have a lot of protein naturally, like beans and lentils for example. I've been meaning to check out Oh She Glows. Thanks for mentioning her. Another website with great vegan recipes is minimalistbaker.com.
  • ceri720
    Options
    Hey I was vegetarian for over a year and went vegan 2 months ago. Feel free to add me and I second the vegan corner for great recipes :)

• ceri720
    Options
    Thanks I added you Blue Daisy.
  • ceri720
    Options
    Meiya007 wrote: »
    Challenge 22 is fantastic! I'm on the last week of the one that started late March. I was a vegetarian who ate mostly vegan then, but now, vegan for life! I'm loving it so much. I'd also suggest checking out Bite Size Vegan on youtube and look up her video on getting protein as a vegan. There are 3 videos, one with Dr. Michael Greger, one just her, and one where she interviews vegan pro body builder Torre Washington- who doesn't track protein! She also has an entire "Where do you get your _____ as a vegan?" series, and other awesome videos. I also like watch vegan body builder Jon Venus on youtube as well. And always remember, lots of plants have a lot of protein naturally, like beans and lentils for example. I've been meaning to check out Oh She Glows. Thanks for mentioning her. Another website with great vegan recipes is minimalistbaker.com.

I really enjoy minimalistbaker as well. I don't have all my sites memorized. Truly been enjoying the change of eating so much. I think my going dairy free has been key. I am a little lost in the grocery store - it's a change. I Forget to check ingredients on some thing and bought black bean burgers that had dairy in them - tasted one bite and couldn't eat it with good conscience!!