Any other breastfeeding mothers here?

Options
2»

Replies

• bbilliethecat
    bbilliethecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    stelloian wrote: »

Wow look at you! That's great! Meal prep/readiness is so essential if you don't want to slip up and make mistakes. Those sound adventurous and delicious : ) I finally tried making a coconut curry for shrimp. It was to die for! Makes me want to do more Middle eastern food instead of the straightforward protein, veggie, fat combo I have been doing.

How is it going feeding your kiddos these things? It took a lot of tears from our kids to get them to eat new things and healthy things. Everybody got the diet overhaul, not just me!

my kids love their curries, so i make sure i always have some in the freezer ready to go . i also cut up vegetables, mix them up, and portion them out so i can bring a bag down and quickly saute, steam, or microwave it . i don't actually put vegetables in the container frozen . that way everyone can choose how much - or little - of vegetables they want . my kids fight over the broccoli so i make sure i have heaps of that on hand too haha . and if they don't feel like a hot meal, they can have a quick sandwich and soup packet . they'll sample ours, but if they don't like it, i don't push it .

weekends, we go nuts and eat freshly cooked meals 0_0 lol

ooh, i'll have to look at middle eastern recipes . sounds awesome for next week . OMG i'm salivating ! hahahaha
  • alexiamunro
    alexiamunro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im a mom of a 21/2 month old, I am 5" 8.5' and now weigh 182 lbs and my goal weight is 150. So I have a ways to go! To add to all this I am a part time student... I really don't know my macros...Yikes ( actually ashamed to admit that) but I try to stay within 1500 calories daily. I currently do light exercising a few days per week but sometimes that's a huge challenge. I have a serious love affair with bread and would totally like to break up with him :smile: but often with my schedule it seems like the quickest thing to do is make a few sandwiches.
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Thats what happened to me when I hit 199! That was the lowest Id ever been in my life after starting my journey at 300!

The original 100 lb loss took me about a year. As for the fluctuations, I actually maintained that loss for about 6 years, give or take 5 lbs!

The biggest change was the summer before I conceived I had gained 30 lbs in a few months from a medication! But I quit it before conceiving, so thats what had me starting out at 230.

Being at 209 and lower than pre pregnancy again feels great! Im so close to my lowest weight but I fear the mental block that comes with hitting the 100's! Im determined though!!

You can do iiiiiiit!
  • stelloian
    Options

Wow look at you! That's great! Meal prep/readiness is so essential if you don't want to slip up and make mistakes. Those sound adventurous and delicious : ) I finally tried making a coconut curry for shrimp. It was to die for! Makes me want to do more Middle eastern food instead of the straightforward protein, veggie, fat combo I have been doing.

How is it going feeding your kiddos these things? It took a lot of tears from our kids to get them to eat new things and healthy things. Everybody got the diet overhaul, not just me!

my kids love their curries, so i make sure i always have some in the freezer ready to go . i also cut up vegetables, mix them up, and portion them out so i can bring a bag down and quickly saute, steam, or microwave it . i don't actually put vegetables in the container frozen . that way everyone can choose how much - or little - of vegetables they want . my kids fight over the broccoli so i make sure i have heaps of that on hand too haha . and if they don't feel like a hot meal, they can have a quick sandwich and soup packet . they'll sample ours, but if they don't like it, i don't push it .

weekends, we go nuts and eat freshly cooked meals 0_0 lol

ooh, i'll have to look at middle eastern recipes . sounds awesome for next week . OMG i'm salivating ! hahahaha

You sound super prepared! Which is key to survival in this weight loss game. You just gave me an idea- not that it is a good one..... But you made me think of freezing in cube form curry if you ever just want to add it real quick.....

OHMYGOSH I WANT CURRYYYYYYY
  • stelloian
    Options
    Hey, Im a mom of a 21/2 month old, I am 5" 8.5' and now weigh 182 lbs and my goal weight is 150. So I have a ways to go! To add to all this I am a part time student... I really don't know my macros...Yikes ( actually ashamed to admit that) but I try to stay within 1500 calories daily. I currently do light exercising a few days per week but sometimes that's a huge challenge. I have a serious love affair with bread and would totally like to break up with him :smile: but often with my schedule it seems like the quickest thing to do is make a few sandwiches.

Hey we are neck and neck! Similar body structures and similar weight goals : ) I seemed to have gained a tire around my waist. I look 6 months pregnant because my belly is rounded out like bloat. What are your struggle areas?
  • stelloian
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Guys (mommas)- I have to admit. Today I ate cookies. A lot. And the problem is that they had butter in them and I am allergic. And I KNEW they had butter I just didn't care.

And then my body freaked out and I got a migraine then it shut me down for about an hour. I feel so discouraged because I JUST WANT A COOKIE!!!!

Whenever I fall off the bandwagon of weight loss I have this dumb narrative that "THIS ISN'T FAIR". Such a victim. I am trying to get over it and just accept the frustrations in my body. Otherwise I will never change right?

What is your hangup? What is your negative narrative that coddles you when you get whiny like me?
  • bbilliethecat
    bbilliethecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Guys (mommas)- I have to admit. Today I ate cookies. A lot. And the problem is that they had butter in them and I am allergic. And I KNEW they had butter I just didn't care.

And then my body freaked out and I got a migraine then it shut me down for about an hour. I feel so discouraged because I JUST WANT A COOKIE!!!!

Whenever I fall off the bandwagon of weight loss I have this dumb narrative that "THIS ISN'T FAIR". Such a victim. I am trying to get over it and just accept the frustrations in my body. Otherwise I will never change right?

What is your hangup? What is your negative narrative that coddles you when you get whiny like me?

hey, don't stress, it's just a cookie . and yes, we want to lose weight, but we need to enjoy life too . i wanted a cheeseburger last week . i enjoyed the heck out of every single little bite haha . as long as i'm inside my calories, i'm all good . and if i go nuts and i'm over, tomorrow is another day :)

i'm not a very negative person . when i have a negative thought, i think to myself, 'i am so awesome . no one can compare' . and then i become awesome lol try it . i used to say, 'you're going to be so awesome', and eventually i did become awesome lol
  • pingpolarpear
    pingpolarpear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My calories depend, some days I don't even make 1000 other days it's up around 2000!! I try and aim for between 1200 and 1500 though, my supply is fine, he is 6 months old so he has started on solids too.
    I'm not too worried because for the first 6 weeks after birth I had zero appetite and it never affected my milk at all! I actually lost 10kg in those 6 weeks, he was still thriving and gaining 200gs a week :)

have you tried making vegan cookies? or dairy free? you can actually make healthier cookies with oats etc, they are pretty yum :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I used to have negative thoughts like that. Like there was some imaginary hurdle i had to get over. I was constantly starting over. You have to learn to accept your setbacks, and not punish yourself for them by restricting your calories the next day (i did this and it was just a mess, mentally and physically). Just move on and try again tomorrow. You will get there.

When i feel bad, or if i have a setback, to the weight bench i go. I discovered that when i lift, i feel like the hulk, like i've gone from normal person to super strong and powerful. It puts me in my happy place and gives me a renewed sense of 'i can do this'.

And it's totally ok to go off track sometimes. If i'm having a bad time I set my calories to maintenance for a week and try to keep within that. Then at least I am not moving backwards.

I don't know if it's growth spurt related or what, but i have weeks where i am just starving and it's taken a lot to control my intake so i'm not gaining. It goes back to normal though, and then i resume where i left off. That's the important thing, not to give up if you have a bad day or week.

Sorry, that turned into a novel.
  • stelloian
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement everyone! It wasn't so much that I ate a cookie, it was just I ate the wrong kind of cookie. I think I just get frustrated that I can't be normal and have things with butter and milk etc. oh well. I just need to go find some kick butt dairy free recipe.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm still technically a nursing mama! My little guy is 14 months and drinks regular full fat milk during the day at daycare--we only nurse when we are together and I don't pump. I was able to lose successfully in the fall starting when he was 7 months old by setting my goal at a 500 calorie deficit and then eating back 300-400 calories to account for nursing along with most of my Fitbit calories. I was losing closer to 1.5 lbs/week than my goal of 1 lb/week (so must have been nursing more than expected). I had no supply problems. I am starting to see some now but it's less of an issue due to my son's age and diet.
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi I am currently breastfeeding my 8 month old. I started on here when he was two months old and definitely had to pay with my calories until I found a good balance that allowed me to lose weight but did not affect my supply. I started at 220 lbs and I'm now at 180lbs. My calories were set to 2000 for the first month then I started slowly cutting and stayed at 1850 until recently when I started cutting again. I'm currently reading between 1500 and 1700. I also eat back most of my exercise calories depending on my hunger level for the day. I go to group fitness Classes five times a week for an hour each day.
  • EleeseahM
    EleeseahM Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New mom and I EBF my 3 month old. I weigh 190 and my goal is 130. I would like to reach that goal by next summer or sooner. Right now i just started doing the Cize workout program and a little weight training 4-5 days a week. Im also very fond of exercising while wearing a 15lb baby. I will be starting the ETL eating plan. It basically cuts out animal products. I have a great supply and hoping it won't mess it up. I will probably stick to a 1200 cal intake since everything i eat is low cal veggies and beans. I plan on eating when hungry so i could go over.