Couch to 5k group Starting June 12!!!

Options

Replies

• CaelaXO
    CaelaXO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D1!!! It was pretty easy! How is everyone else doing as we enter week 2?
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey Everyone

Can I join please? I'm planning to restart on level 3 if it ever stops raining!
    I'm not commited enough yet to run in the rain!
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    Is it too late to sign up for this??

8754816.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 today and had an easier time than I thought I would. I also bought new running shoes to see if that helped with the tight shins/shin splints. (It did.)
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    W4D1 done, the first interval was ok but i struggled with the second. I had to take a 10sec breather during the last 5 min run, but i did it. I couldn't go out yesterday coz the skies opened up and it poured all day. I haven't bought a waterproof Kagool yet but i might have to invest in one. Can't wait for day 2, tho my thighs are a bit achy. I just wish my upper body was tightening up the way my legs and buns are, my legs look great with all this running.
  • supermom1114
    supermom1114 Posts: 577
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is doing great!! To those who asked to join, go on ahead and jump in!!

I did W2D1 on Monday and then W2D2 today! Feeling pretty good still, except my ankles and knees are getting a little sore. I think I may push W2D3 to Saturday instead of Friday to let them rest an extra day. I don't think it's my shoes though, I haven't put that many miles on them yet. I'm hoping it's just them adjusting to all this running, especially with the added weight from baby on board.
  • CaelaXO
    Options
    i did W2D2 today as well! Pushed the incline to 2 on the treadmill and i didnt notice any difference from 1!
  • jessradtke
    Options
    W3/D2 today, but it didn't go as well as usual. Most of the time I do the C25K program in one direction on the trail, then turn and walk back. Today it started storming before I finished. Then my daughter fell off her scooter TWICE and skinned her knee, which required extra stops. I am so ready for my husband to get back so I can run by myself again!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Way to go Caela!! Did you get in W2D3 today?

Jess I feel you on trying to fit in fitness without hubby there. My hubby deployed when our son was 3 months old for a little over a year. Trying to get my body back while adjusting to being a new mommy, not so easy. Stay strong!

Did W2D3 today, felt great!! Can't wait for next week, already have a route mapped out. My ankles are sore though... but its not all my ankles it spreads up into my inner calf. Kind of sore/tight. Anyone else have this or know of what it could be??
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    well my training has been brought to a halt due to a cold. I have not felt well since wednesday, i tried to go out on friday but could only mange a walk. It means when i get better i'll have to start week 4 again. I'm not a happy bunny. Hope everyone has a good weekend though.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon mandy!

Where is everyone?!?!?

I did W3D1 today, but I went out too late in the morning and it was so hot! blech. It took me a bit to get into things, but by the end I was loving it! Except that the route I chose seemed to have endless hills. I've been lucky in picking fairly flat routes through my neighborhood thus far but today it seemed like every running segment started with an uphill, not fun after yesterday's strength training.

I hope everyone is sticking with the program, lets hear some updates!!!
  • CaelaXO
    Options
    Hey everyone! I did W3D1 yesterday! Not too bad! I always push myself and add an extra jog during the cool down. Im going to try running outside this weekend, since i normally use the treadmill. Worried i wont be able to push myself to keep going!
  • jessradtke
    Options
    Did W4/D1 earlier this week but haven't been able to do any more since :-( Too busy and recovering from a slight injury. Can't believe how much I miss it though! This program is terribly addictive.
  • CaelaXO
    Options
    I agree, it is addicting! I find myself wanting to run, which is totally a new thing for me. Did W3D3 and W4D1 this weekend. Ran outside for the first time. Geez, its alot harder than running on the treadmill in the gym. But i was able to finish both days! Woo hoo! Looking forward to running inside for the rest of the week!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I tried W3D2 yesterday but had a very hard time. On the first 3 minute run I had to walk for 30 seconds in the middle, and on the second 3 minute run I quit at 2 minutes. I just couldn't do it yesterday. But I"m going to get up early tomorrow morning and try again.
  • CaelaXO
    Options
    Keep at it!!! You can do it!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! sorry I've been MIA! crazy busy! I went to my parents for the holiday weekend but hubby had to stay home and work. Then we got a really great deal on a new car so he had to drive down and we signed all the paperwork etc! Got a new Ford Edge! I LOVE IT!

Anyways, but I had packed my hat, ipod, shoes etc to go running at my parents but didn't pack a sports bra or proper socks... thanks prego brain. It actually worked out for the best, gave my ankles and shins time to heal and I did W3D3 today and they felt great! I think it also helped that I picked a flatter route and where there were hills they were pretty well timed with my walk intervals.

I agree it is addicting, I can't wait to start Week 4! Contemplating going out for a run tomorrow. Hubby has two jobs and will be working them both Friday so I don't think I'll get a chance then, and then saturday he gets a 9 hour break and then goes back to one for a 15 hour shift but hes already promised me I can get a run in that day. I think the running helps with the pregnancy hormones and I'm much less moody so he definitely tries to help me get the runs in whenever possible. I have yet to take my little guy out for a run in the jogging stroller up here, just don't know if my ankles/shins could handle pushing him up the hills. We'll see!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • CaelaXO
    Options
    Glad to see you back, Supermom! I did W4D3 today! Not looking forward to week 5, bc its 20 minutes of straight jogging by the end of the week!!!
  • ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group?! I just finished week 4 day 1 on Saturday, so it looks like I'm pretty well on track with ya'll.

I am loving C25K, but I have a bad knee and sometimes it really takes a toll.

I pushed my way through W4D1, but I'm scared that I won't be able to do W5!!! Its taken me well over 4 weeks to get to week 4 (7 weeks, I think) and even though I feel better every time I run, I'm worried that 20min of straight jogging will kill me! I can do it. I can do it! :)
  • CaelaXO
    Options
    I dont have knee issues but Im worried about 20 min of jogging too!! Im just gonna take it slow and try my best!!! welcome to the group!