Seeing support and motivation to improve health.,,

Options
Hi, I'm seeking online support, motivation and friendship in improving my health. I'm a 43-year-old, single female from the Midwest hoping to lose 100-plus pounds to help alleviate high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, reflux (LPR) and sleep apnea. I recently underwent a hysterectomy to beat endometrial cancer, and also recently eluded a pharyngeal (throat) cancer scare when the tumor disappeared on its own in response to both medication and switching to the GERD Diet. Let's just say it was a wild roller-coaster of a year, medically-speaking, but I feel so blessed to still be here--and to hopefully be moving in the right direction! My main goals are to lose weight, track my carb intake (with which MFP is a HUGE help), and to restore my pH to a more alkaline balance. I am also looking to lower my sodium and sugar intake. All of these goals seem like such a tall order at times, that any support and encouragement would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to add me, if you would like. :)

Replies

• MarlyMar72
    MarlyMar72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! You've got this!
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Added you!!!
  • jojolearymurph
    jojolearymurph Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the positive support...So glad to have added both of you, too! :)
  • zoeandnimo
    zoeandnimo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! Also dealing with reflux so looking for a GERD diet as well! Can I ask which diet you are using?
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, you are one STRONG woman to make it through your last year. If you can make it through that, then you can easily make it through losing weight and getting comfortable in your own skin.

I would wish you good luck on your journey but you got this already :)