Best exercise tracker

Options
I hear alot about fitbit...im looking for something to sync here maybe?! And simple. Any suggestions? Do you find they help you??

Replies

• jasonshepherd646
    jasonshepherd646 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart HR. Quite happy with mine so far. It's a bit newer than the Fitbit HR and has some good features.
    Although I hear some have ha syncing issues with Garmin app. I've only had mine a few days so maybe that stuff was in the past.

Fitbit is still a very popular device though and I've not had both to make fair comparison.
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3. Hands down.
  • Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3. Hands down.

While I love my Fenix, I think it would fall out of the "simple" range she is looking for. Probably leaning towards steps and etc.
  • maroro123
    maroro123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've had both a fitbit charge and a garmin hr. They do help a lot to give you something to stive for during the day. I work in an office and it's easy to forget to get up and walk around once in awhile.
    I loved my fitbit charge, but had issues with the plastic/rubber pealing around the charging port and the screen. I had to have the first one replaced (which fitbit did for free and overnighted it to me - so that's nice) and then the second was not as waterproof as needed. I forgot I had it on and then jumped in a pool to go swimming. Once I realized and took it off it was already dead :(
    I then got a Garmin vivosmart HR and it's been working fine so far. I still take it off when I shower or wash dishes because I'm afraid to ruin it - but it claims to be good for wearing in the shower and swimming.
  • blueeyez939
    blueeyez939 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit blaze and absolutely LOVE it! Syncs everything with here! I started off with a fitbit zip, you can get those for like $30 on eBay and they are very accurate if you want something inexpensive to try out before spending so much on a more high tech one! But of you wanna spend a little, the blaze tracks your heart rate, sleep, everything! I was a little scared to buy it after reading a few bad reviews but I have been very impressed with its accuracy!
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the info guys. Ive been researching the fitbit charge so far. Fitbit zip might be a goid option to start out with too just to see if I like it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There will be as many answers as trackers.

I have a zip and a jawbone. I did some checking before I bought the jawbone...zip was a prize.

I love my jawbone.

I actually chose it due to the silent alarm for morning wake ups (buzzes on my arm) and the sync with MFP and mapmyfitness.

Besides that it looks like jewellery not a "band" per say.

I did some comparisons as well using the zip and jawbone.

Shovelled snow for 45mins...heavy snow.

Fitbit gave me 6 active minutes and about 500 steps.
    Jawbone gave me 2000 steps...and my arms weren't swinging the entire time.

Zips been in a drawer ever since...6 active minutes my butt.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I can't claim fitbit is the best because I've never tried another tracker, but I can tell you I love my fitbit blaze! Before that I had a fitbit one, a fitbit flex, and a fitbit surge. The only one to break was the fitbit flex...I bought it used off of Ebay and it stopped charging after a couple months. I was already hooked though, so I bought a fitbit one. Then I decided I would prefer having a heart rate tracker so I bought the surge. Then the blaze came out and it had a colored screen and I upgraded again. What I love about fitbit is I've NEVER had a problem with my trackers syncing to my phone or computer. The dash board is easy to read and keep track of my progress daily, weekly, monthly, or whatever. They tracked my sleep and woke me up by vibrating on my wrist aswell. I have no complaints about my blaze (honestly), but there were cons to the rest of them. The flex didn't recognize steps unless you were swinging your arms so if you were walking the dog or carrying something it usually didn't count the steps. They fixed that problem with the charge, surge, and blaze. The one had a display but the most accurate place to wear it was the center of the bra which meant I never got to check it. It was also a hassle to transfer it to the sleep band at night. The rubber on the band of the surge started to peel off and water droplets got trapped under the screen when I had it in the bathroom during a steamy hot shower and left little rings under the screen. I don't anticipate these problems with the blaze though because it has replaceable straps and there is no visible space between the buttons for steam to get in there and fog up the screen like there was with the surge.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I hear alot about fitbit...im looking for something to sync here maybe?! And simple. Any suggestions? Do you find they help you??

Have a look in the groups

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Different models, different bells & whistles. Find one that fits your activity, it won't really be one-size-fits all.

My FitBit One is simple. Syncs nicely. My cardio is step based, so the calorie estimate is fine. Nothing will be accurate for strength training anyway.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have the jawbone also I like it. I was wearing both the Fitbit and the jawbone for about 5-6 days to decide between them. The jawbone is more accurate, smaller, battery lasts longer, and does look more like jewelry than a band. You can get an up3 for some pretty good deals right now.