Options
notaquitter29
notaquitter29 Posts: 5 Member
:s:s

Replies

• IamEleni
    IamEleni Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, that helps me. Also distract yourself, if it's just a craving it will go away :).
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    make the cravings fit your macros / daily caloric allowance.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    When I do the following, I don't have cravings:

1. Get sufficient sleep
    2. Exercise regularly - when I get the happy hormones from exercise, I'm not prone to seeking them from food.
    3. Get sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. I'm not low carb, but reducing carbs and upping protein worked for cravings for me. See also http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html
    4. Eat moderate amounts of fruit
    5. Take a magnesium supplement. This can be especially helpful for women premenstrually.
    6. Save foods like chocolate for after dinner, in small amounts
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take a shower or a nap

Most of the time I binge :(
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Actually discipline! I've made the decision, not to consume anything; that's a treat and/or doesn't have Nutrition Facts available, until I am within; my healthy weight range. Therefore the necessity to achieve that, is paramount to any desire; to have anything unnecessary!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I just cram myself with vegetables nonstop.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Actually discipline! I've made the decision, not to consume anything; that's a treat and/or doesn't have Nutrition Facts available, until I am within; my healthy weight range. Therefore the necessity to achieve that, is paramount to any desire; to have anything unnecessary!

This is me, exactly. I'm just sick of this extra weight on my body, and I've actually gotten used to the slightly hungry feeling. I don't notice it much now :)
  • notaquitter29
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)

• notaquitter29
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Sometimes I take a shower or a nap
    Most of the time I binge :(

Owwww i'll try!! :)
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Amen to this!!

• MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love candy. I have an Easter basket full of jelly beans, candy bars, etc... Sitting on the kitchen counter, taunting me every time I walk by. Fact of the matter is, discipline to not gorge myself comes from working out itself. The more I workout, the less inclined I am to eat my cravings. Brain says "Do it." Body says, "Not interested." Also just celebrated a birthday and my favorite cake is sitting right next to that basket....this week has been a mortal struggle. Haha
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1. Drink water.
    2. Eat nuts or pistachios (not too much though)
    3. Stay busy at work.
    4. Go walking again and again.
    5. Spend time doing yard work.
    6. Spend time painting or doing some activity.
    7. All of the above.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love candy. I have an Easter basket full of jelly beans, candy bars, etc... Sitting on the kitchen counter, taunting me every time I walk by. Fact of the matter is, discipline to not gorge myself comes from working out itself. The more I workout, the less inclined I am to eat my cravings. Brain says "Do it." Body says, "Not interested." Also just celebrated a birthday and my favorite cake is sitting right next to that basket....this week has been a mortal struggle. Haha

I would put that candy in the trash can and outside the house. lol
  • crazycarl92
    crazycarl92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    id drink water then if that doesnt work have a LITTLE. For me going cold turkey causes me to binge so i just have a little bit to curve the craving.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    cadpro78 wrote: »

I would put that candy in the trash can and outside the house. lol

If I did that, I only win once. If I leave it on the counter, I get to win that battle every day.
  • Hazie3y3z
    Hazie3y3z Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Drink water and cry. It's what I do... All I wanted was a damn omelette at 11pm! Waaahhhh
  • markag1990
    markag1990 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    As silly as this sounds. Brush your teeth. I never wanna eat anything once I've done that.