Hm... There is something wrong with me.

Options
OK so I been working out for two years now because I do mixed martial arts and I run/sprint and do push ups and bodyweight training all the time. Ok now here's the thing I do all of this all the time but for some reason my progression is going down. Meaning I run slower I use to can to 30 push ups now I can only do 10 to 20 my running will not increase I just keep getting slower and slower despite me run all the time also my cardio is not progressing either it seems like its getting worst. I'm losing coordination in my muscles and for some reason my mental state is off.

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit?
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    These are classic signs of overtraining (or more appropriately, under recovering). If you have not taken a break, maybe cut your activity way back for a week or so (to allow for recovery) and see how you do after. If still an issue, then you might want to seek out professional assistance, like a Dr.
  • TigerflyRedux
    TigerflyRedux Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How's your flexibility game? If you are training only your muscles but not stretching and strenghthening your tendons and ligaments by stretching/yoga that could contribute to loss of speed. You also can't discount diet... if your diet as a consideration. Best wishes :)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you had a complete break from training?

Do you periodise your training on any level?
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

See I'm kinda obsessed with it because I have ocd. So I don't really give myself enough rest days.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    How's your flexibility game? If you are training only your muscles but not stretching and strenghthening your tendons and ligaments by stretching/yoga that could contribute to loss of speed. You also can't discount diet... if your diet as a consideration. Best wishes :)

I don't really have flexibility anymore I lost it to be honest.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Caloric deficit?

This is possible.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    cajuntank wrote: »
    These are classic signs of overtraining (or more appropriately, under recovering). If you have not taken a break, maybe cut your activity way back for a week or so (to allow for recovery) and see how you do after. If still an issue, then you might want to seek out professional assistance, like a Dr.

This is what I should do but see that's the thing.... I have ocd so I'm obsessed with working out.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Then go see a therapist and get that worked out.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

I do have a therapist I don't know what that has to do with my muscle and work out problems?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

See I'm kinda obsessed with it because I have ocd. So I don't really give myself enough rest days.

You've answered your own question then.

I agree with the other poster who suggested under recovery.

Your choice is pretty simple I think: rest now voluntarily or your body at some point will force you to rest for much longer.
  • taylorblade
    Options

You've answered your own question then.

I agree with the other poster who suggested under recovery.

Your choice is pretty simple I think: rest now voluntarily or your body at some point will force you to rest for much longer.

(Sigh) I guess.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

I do have a therapist I don't know what that has to do with my muscle and work out problems?

It's directly related because your therapist can hopefully give you coping techniques to ease your stress and anxiety when you're not working out so that you can give your body the much needed rest and recovery it needs.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

It's directly related because your therapist can hopefully give you coping techniques to ease your stress and anxiety when you're not working out so that you can give your body the much needed rest and recovery it needs.

I will let him know then.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    cajuntank wrote: »

This was my first thought too. If you are having anxiety over missing workouts, you should definitely talk to your therapist about it. Also, rest days don't have to be complete rest days. It sounds like you could benefit from a nice long walk or some easy yoga. Those can both be a part of active recovery.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    so do some yoga to get back some flexibility. Do a gentle yoga.
    Give yourself a rest week.
    It will really help.