What encourages you to succeed?

Options
Would like to know what your driving force is to lose weight. I'm in the earlier stages of my new weight loss journey, so I would love advice and support.

I'm 30, 275# at 5'9" and not interested in being overweight anymore. I want to respect my body more than i have in the past 5 years, when I gained over 100#, embarrassing as it is to say! I get encouraged from seeing my weight to down and I love how I feel after a good workout, even if I hate the gym!

Also I need new friends! Add me!

Replies

• CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My children motivate me. I want to be able to run around with them and be a good example of a healthy adult instead of watching them play from a bench.
    I want to be in photographs instead of feeling so ashamed I insist on holding the camera.
    My other motivations are my wedding, to go back to dancing groups and to complete the tough mudder course!
  • las964
    las964 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just tired of being the fattest person in the room. I don't want to feel tired anymore! Down 50 pounds and feel so much better! It's nice not to have that overfull feeling and guilt after a binge. Halfway to goal and chugging along.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bottomline: my wife.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I just got married and I want us both to live a long and healthy life together. I can only control my part in that of course, but I want to have my body strong and not be like others in my family as they have aged.

I want to be able to go on hikes and not worry about going too far, because I'm confident in my body and know I can make it back just fine. I don't have grand aspirations of a bikini competition, just comfort and health.
  • renitamcphrsn14
    renitamcphrsn14 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My health first (high blood pressure has to go!). Then my husband and children!!!
  • hopeinmn
    hopeinmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Getting older (who wants to be old AND fat? lol); blood pressure; borderline cholesterol; - mostly health reasons but also some vanity. I want to look good!

Feel free to add me as friend for support. I have an open diary and log daily.