Leave Me Alone in the Locker Room!

Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    How hard is it to tell someone "stop bothering me" with a face set like stone and then walk away? People do this all the time and it makes them very happy. And that's why you're having fantasies of violence, it's because you don't do this. And please don't tattletale on this desperate broad to the poor schmuck who works the desk at the gym for $9 an hour. Just take the bull by the horns and handle it. What is the world coming to?

This isn't a case of bullying, it's financial desperation & she won't cease, until she's forced to. This woman obviously got herself, into a financial hole; as most MLM victims do. She's just too desperate, to sell her products; to choose to stop.

Did you accidently misquote? Where did I say it was bullying? I'm the one who said she was desperate. And the desperation is obviously financial. So, uh, yeah.

No I misread "bull", as "bully"!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    How hard is it to tell someone "stop bothering me" with a face set like stone and then walk away? People do this all the time and it makes them very happy. And that's why you're having fantasies of violence, it's because you don't do this. And please don't tattletale on this desperate broad to the poor schmuck who works the desk at the gym for $9 an hour. Just take the bull by the horns and handle it. What is the world coming to?

Right, that's why I wanted to hear the exact words she used because I have often observed women being very very bad at setting boundaries. Because as girls they were socialized to be "nice" and "polite," woman often have difficulty expressing a clear and unambiguous "Not interested. Stop bothering me."

I doubt this Shakeology saleswoman would have pestered me more than twice. (My first No would have been polite.)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Right, that's why I wanted to hear the exact words she used because I have often observed women being very very bad at setting boundaries. Because as girls they were socialized to be "nice" and "polite," woman often have difficulty expressing a clear and unambiguous "Not interested. Stop bothering me."

I doubt this Shakeology saleswoman would have pestered me more than twice. (My first No would have been polite.)

Hmm. Maybe, I guess. Something like "I don't really need that shake" might encourage the saleswoman to explain why the OP might
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I would do as we learnt in an assertive training class. "No" and if she persists "I said no!" No smile. Put your hand in front of you look her square in the eyes.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Some of these were quite humorous. She was there again today and had "samples" of an energy powder for me. I said thank you, took it, and threw it in the trash can in front of her. She scoffed, and made her way to the far side of the locker room. Clearly telling her I'm not interested and ALLERGIC wasn't enough for days on end, but throwing away her product in her face may have been the kicker. I think I might actually be able to get ready for work after my workout in peace again...let's hope!

This was such a wild ride from a start to finish :#

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Some of these were quite humorous. She was there again today and had "samples" of an energy powder for me. I said thank you, took it, and threw it in the trash can in front of her. She scoffed, and made her way to the far side of the locker room. Clearly telling her I'm not interested and ALLERGIC wasn't enough for days on end, but throwing away her product in her face may have been the kicker. I think I might actually be able to get ready for work after my workout in peace again...let's hope!

This was such a wild ride from a start to finish :#

:laugh:
  • Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Savage! :D
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    So she left me alone this morning...but the poor custodian who was cleaning the showers got a sales pitch...lol these people have no shame I swear!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

I started reading this cringing that you took it and said thank you, but did a 180 and threw them away in her face. Get IT! :*
  • SFBMCBuck
    SFBMCBuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    is she cute?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    SFBMCBuck wrote: »
    is she cute?

lol...not exactly. But I have pretty high standards :blush:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Hmm. Maybe, I guess. Something like "I don't really need that shake" might encourage the saleswoman to explain why the OP might

Right, and as demonstrated, "I'm allergic" will encourage a salesperson to explain why their products are non-allergenic.
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Perfect and appropriate response.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Great job!

wSUsDDy.gif
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a short temper. So I would probably tell her where she can shove her shake. And tell her if she didn't leave me alone I would drown her in my "crappy shake." And see if she wanted to talk to be about it anymore...
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not savage - long overdue
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The next time she comes around you, start sneezing and coughing. Act sick. J.