All friends welcome

Replies

• Runnonestop9
    Runnonestop9 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No runners then lol
  • paigefitjourney1214
    Options
    Hi, I don't know how many tips or how much advice I could give, but I am a fellow runner and I'm currently training for my third half marathon. I would love more friends; especially fellow runners to keep me motivated!
  • Runnonestop9
    Options
    Thanks Paige
  • BarlowRunner
    BarlowRunner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi davrim9. I am a runner also and have experienced struggles just like you describe. Right now, I have decided that the best cure for me is to lose about ten pounds and to work on better nutrition and sleep for energy levels. I'm thinking of running a full marathon in the fall (have done three half marathons in the past five months) so will need to up my mileage and work on strength, in addition to the weight and nutritional work I need. I don't know if your solution is the same as mine, just saying that you are in good company.
  • cdow1124
    cdow1124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Another runner who is coming back after a prolonged absence. I have a problem with getting so caught up in the "I need to eat less" mentality that I don't always fuel well before and during a run, which will cause my energy levels to crash big time. Trying to find that balance of eating enough so there's "gas in the tank" but not over doing it is always a challenge.
  • Runnonestop9
    Options
    cdow1124 wrote: »
    Another runner who is coming back after a prolonged absence. I have a problem with getting so caught up in the "I need to eat less" mentality that I don't always fuel well before and during a run, which will cause my energy levels to crash big time. Trying to find that balance of eating enough so there's "gas in the tank" but not over doing it is always a challenge.

Yes I do exactly the same
    Recently ran a marathon half empty and was way off my PB
  • CorinneDjordjevic
    CorinneDjordjevic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner as well. Just getting back into it.
    I have run 5k and 10k next goal is to run a half marathon. Still need to lose weight which will.help with my running.
  • cammy_b3
    cammy_b3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Slow release carbs an hour before you run
    Black coffee if u can drink it as well
  • Runnonestop9
    Options
    cammy_b3 wrote: »
    Slow release carbs an hour before you run
    Black coffee if u can drink it as well

Yeah coffee really works before running for me too
  • bohemian_sun
    bohemian_sun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was a runner and lost three stone post pregnancy through running. I did a lot of martial arts at the time as well and after a three year degree and leaving the marial arts I have put 1.5 stone back on. Running made me feel amazing and got the pounds off so I am considering restarting. I am a bit nervous about it and feel I am no longer the fit runner I was and have lost my confidence and wonder of theres any point.