BMI: normal range vs overweight range

Options
2»

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am about 10 pounds over the low end of my healthy weight, and I think I could lose that 10 and feel better... ooooor I could pick up some weights and feel better. But at the moment I am just gonna be mostly happy with where I am at till my schedule clears up in a few months.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    SkyKC253 wrote: »
    I am still not in the healthy weight range according to those BMI calculators. At 5'4'' I'm about 10 pounds away from 145 which is the top of my normal range.

Anyone have experience entering back into the normal range? How did it make you feel? Could you tell you were looking like your old self again?
    I've lost about 20 pounds so far. But I still feel "big". I just wanna feel "normal" again and put clothes on without hating myself. Lol.

Any experiences out there with reaching your healthy BMI range again?

I'm 5'4 and currently 135.5 pounds (starting weight 170 pounds). I can't tell you if I was looking like my old self because my old self was around the 150+ mark and I haven't been this light since I was a teenager. I never thought I'd make it inside the normal range, or even beyond 145 but now that I've come this bit further I finally believe it is possible. I've updated my goal to 130 pounds which would still put me on the higher side of BMI but the biggest change for me was being able to fit into UK Size 10 (or size small) clothes consistently. When I look down I don't think I look hugely different but I love the feeling of putting on clothes that fit that the old me could only dream of! Just keep at it and you will get there :smile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    When I "entered" my healthy weight range I still felt large. I stopped losing at 21 BMI and that's where I felt good. I started at 27.

Same here. I was at 120-125 when I felt best as an adult, so when I hit the healthy range at 140 (I'm 5'3) it was a nice milestone, like not being obese any more had been, but I didn't feel like I was at goal yet or my old self.

I did feel pretty good anyway, largely because I was moving in a positive direction, active, and could wear cute clothes again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have a large frame and the only time I've had a BMI as low as 24 was after six weeks of undereating and overexercising while in boot camp.

I'm looking forward to returning to Low Overweight, however.

http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/frame_size_calculator.asp

Frame calculators always have me as small framed when I don't think that I am.

At least this one measures your elbow too! So it gives me a medium frame. Wrist gives me small frame and I just laugh every time. My ribcage is 34 inches...