Tracking Miles

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
What program do you use to track your miles when you are out for a run? I have tried two different phone apps and each one has it own issues. I know about the NIKE thing for your shoe. However, I can't find where the heck I put the one I had bought.

I used google my tracks first and it is OK. It doesn't track calories and there is no pause option.

I then moved onto CardioTrainer. I like the features a ton on this. However, if I have music playing it seems to not track right. Today when I was out on my run I also some how paused my run for about 9:00 mins. OPPS

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Endomondo-- www.endomondo.com
  • rustyrn
    rustyrn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find that cardiotrainer is great cause it gives time per mile but I have the same problem this morning it said I ran 4.8mile and when I mapped it manually on cardiotrainer for FB it was 5.25. The bad thing is then it messes up your pace. I used to use Imapmyrun on my droid even though it is an Iphone app and it doe better but has no music integration, it has a cool feature called live tracking, that your friends can see you while you are running. It has alot of the same features as cardiotrainer. after this mornings failure of accuracy I am dropping cardiotrainer, it was fun but since I have been running longer it has gotten worse....wow that was long sorry for the rant
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    I find that cardiotrainer is great cause it gives time per mile but I have the same problem this morning it said I ran 4.8mile and when I mapped it manually on cardiotrainer for FB it was 5.25. The bad thing is then it messes up your pace. I used to use Imapmyrun on my droid even though it is an Iphone app and it doe better but has no music integration, it has a cool feature called live tracking, that your friends can see you while you are running. It has alot of the same features as cardiotrainer. after this mornings failure of accuracy I am dropping cardiotrainer, it was fun but since I have been running longer it has gotten worse....wow that was long sorry for the rant

Have you found that Cardiotrainer doesn't work right when you listen to music?
  • rustyrn
    Options
    I haven't tried it without music but I have noticed it more the longer I run I will try it on the next run using the phone music player and see then let you know
  • BetteC
    BetteC Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the Nike+GPS 3.1 version for the iphone and it works great for me. It doesn't require the sensor in your shoe, tracks my miles/calories and syncs to fb and twitter. Getting the 'cheers' from my fb friends really gives me a boost.
  • rustyrn
    Options
    Where did you find the ticker and the June challenge for calories?? That is cool
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Where did you find the ticker and the June challenge for calories?? That is cool

I create my own ticker on tickerfactory.com for my month challenges. I am not sure if the calorie challenge will be up next month but the Move your *kitten* one will be posting a new challenge for June. I just really sucked with miles this month.