Mothers Unite

Options
So, I'm a 28 year old mother of two (one is only 7 weeks old, the other is 3) and have gained a significant amount of weight during pregnancy. Are there any other mothers who'd like to support each other and chat a bit?

Replies

• honorablebede
    honorablebede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunshine, I gained a lot of weight since having my daughter (who just turned 6). I had hyperemesis (uncontrollable throwing up) all through the pregnancy, so when I had my daughter, I started eating.....
    Slowly losing weight now, but it is hard to fit in the exercise around child :)
  • MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello! Definitely feel free to add me!! 25 year old mama to my five year old son and 10 month old daughter!
  • SunshineandInk
    SunshineandInk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunshine, I gained a lot of weight since having my daughter (who just turned 6). I had hyperemesis (uncontrollable throwing up) all through the pregnancy, so when I had my daughter, I started eating.....
    Slowly losing weight now, but it is hard to fit in the exercise around child :)

Thankfully my 3 year old absolutely loves being outside, going for walks, even doing yoga lol. Now if I could just broaden my exercises!
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    Hello! Definitely feel free to add me!! 25 year old mama to my five year old son and 10 month old daughter!

Adding you now, it's always nice having people support you whom you have things in common with.
  • lionellesanders
    lionellesanders Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    26, mom of 4,5 year old little troublemaker :D I've lost most of pregnancy weight 2 years ago then hit a plateau and my motivation dropped and I gained some of it back, but I'm back on the right track since February. Been really good on working out, but really struggling with nutrition, just now started to take great care about how, why and how much I eat and hit the gym when I can. Work part time as movie/tv extra that causes most trouble with nutrition for me cuz have to stay hungry for long periods and end up eating ton after. Would be happy to have more friends and support.
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 26. Have a daughter/son who will be 10/2 in July
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    26, mom of 4,5 year old little troublemaker :D I've lost most of pregnancy weight 2 years ago then hit a plateau and my motivation dropped and I gained some of it back, but I'm back on the right track since February. Been really good on working out, but really struggling with nutrition, just now started to take great care about how, why and how much I eat and hit the gym when I can. Work part time as movie/tv extra that causes most trouble with nutrition for me cuz have to stay hungry for long periods and end up eating ton after. Would be happy to have more friends and support.

I can imagine that must be long days of not eating. I'll definitely add you, I'm jealous you've lost the baby weight lol, I never lost all of it from my first one!
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I'm 26. Have a daughter/son who will be 10/2 in July

Adding you!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and have a little bit who will be 3 in August, feel free to add me x
  • LilysMama14
    LilysMama14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, mom to an active 2 year old. Im finally at my pre baby weight, but unfortunately I was fat when I got pregnant . I want my kid to grow up with a healthy, active mom and not someone who was always "dieting". Please, feel free to add me. I've been on here a while, but I'd like to start adding friends.
  • pcousins13Patricia
    pcousins13Patricia Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and have two boys, 14 and 8. I lost most of my baby weight with the first, but with my second it seems like I lost nothing at all. It has really been a big challenge, especially since I was so tiny before I got pregnant the first time. I've been consistently working out and eating better for almost two weeks. Before that I would get into spurts of exercising and eating right, but it wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Hopefully I'm on the right track now.
  • caseyscutie1112
    caseyscutie1112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 4 tiny humans, ages 8, 5, 3, and 2. And before you ask, yes my stomach looks like crumbled up homework lol (laughing out loud to keep from crying). Feel free to add me. I'm a newbie and I need all the support and accountability that I can get. Currently making love to a bacon cheeseburger with my eyes lol.
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    I'm 32 and have a little bit who will be 3 in August, feel free to add me x

Added :)
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    I'm 34, mom to an active 2 year old. Im finally at my pre baby weight, but unfortunately I was fat when I got pregnant . I want my kid to grow up with a healthy, active mom and not someone who was always "dieting". Please, feel free to add me. I've been on here a while, but I'd like to start adding friends.

I feel the same about the kids. I just want to set a good example for my girls. I was really heavy in my early 20s so I had gastric bypass surgery. I put weight back on from pregnancy, so I'm trying hard to just get back to a healthy weight and maintain. Adding you.
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    pcousins13 wrote: »
    I'm 37 and have two boys, 14 and 8. I lost most of my baby weight with the first, but with my second it seems like I lost nothing at all. It has really been a big challenge, especially since I was so tiny before I got pregnant the first time. I've been consistently working out and eating better for almost two weeks. Before that I would get into spurts of exercising and eating right, but it wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Hopefully I'm on the right track now.

I'll be here to cheer you on mama!
  • SunshineandInk
    Options
    I'm a mother of 4 tiny humans, ages 8, 5, 3, and 2. And before you ask, yes my stomach looks like crumbled up homework lol (laughing out loud to keep from crying). Feel free to add me. I'm a newbie and I need all the support and accountability that I can get. Currently making love to a bacon cheeseburger with my eyes lol.

Haha, that definitely made me laugh - I feel you! I'll be adding you.