30 day shred

Options
philippakate197
philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
Anyone else doing this currently? I'm starting later today and I strongly suspect I'll find it tough and want to quit so I'd love to find some others who are doing it too - accountability really helps me!

Philippa

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I do it as part of my cross training regimen. I love it. I'm a big Jillian Michaels fan; I think she's real, down-to-earth, and motivating. The workouts really are just 20 minutes long, but she mixes up the routine so well that it'll go by fast. It's a great mix of cardio, strength, and abs. I definitely feel stronger from having done this program. You just have to push yourself. At one point, she says "I know you want to give up now, but don't you dare!" Keep thinking to yourself, "it's just 20 minutes." Be faithful with it and progress to the next level when you feel ready. Good luck.
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request and will do the first workout later tonight :smile: I'm happy to have someone starting from the beginning with me.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    I do it as part of my cross training regimen. I love it. I'm a big Jillian Michaels fan; I think she's real, down-to-earth, and motivating. The workouts really are just 20 minutes long, but she mixes up the routine so well that it'll go by fast. It's a great mix of cardio, strength, and abs. I definitely feel stronger from having done this program. You just have to push yourself. At one point, she says "I know you want to give up now, but don't you dare!" Keep thinking to yourself, "it's just 20 minutes." Be faithful with it and progress to the next level when you feel ready. Good luck.

Thank you! I really like Jillians style too - one of the reasons I decided to start this rather than another program is that I know I can put up with her for a whole month!

I've taken pre-shred measurements and I'm really looking forward to getting stronger.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    MarvelGrrl wrote: »
    I've sent you a friend request and will do the first workout later tonight :smile: I'm happy to have someone starting from the beginning with me.

Yay! Let's do this!
  • KimReiter
    KimReiter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine! I am excited to get started:)
  • philippakate197
    Options
    Day 1 is done!! I actually enjoyed it! I like the style of changing the exercise every minute or two - if it hurts it's only for a short time! My thighs felt like jelly afterwards but I went to see my horse and muck out and the walking around and keeping moving has definitely helped. I do predict some aching in some places tomorrow though!

How have you guys got on? (I know we're in different parts of the world so not expecting fast replies due to time difference!)
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaay I'm on day 6 tomorrow. I have to say after 5 days I think it will be a breeze now. Not going to lie I do modifications on some but at least I finished.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    Yaaaaay I'm on day 6 tomorrow. I have to say after 5 days I think it will be a breeze now. Not going to lie I do modifications on some but at least I finished.

Great to hear from someone who is further on! I'm doing modifications too but my goal is to not be doing them by the end of the 30 days! I would LOVE to be able to do proper big girl press ups!
  • mumbles2013
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can manage about 4 press ups then the knees go down lol. It's just so convenient for me to get a good workout in 20 mins. I've never made it to this point before so this is good for me. I just want to do the whole 30 days then thinking of moving onto her ripped in 30.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    That's sort of my plan too - but I'm trying to just focus on completing level 1 and not get ahead of myself. I always start strong and fired up....then quit. Hence starting this thread - I WILL NOT QUIT!!!
  • Kay_Fancy
    Kay_Fancy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been coming back to the 30 day shred time and time again because if I'm disiciplined enough to work out at home her programs are BOSS and fast so I don't hate getting up a bit early to do them. Can I get up 30 minutes early to work out? sure. 60? NOPE.
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    Good for you!!!! I feel like that about this app. I always quit and feel like crap because I put all the weight back but not this time. I'm on a mission.
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    Kay_Fancy wrote: »
    I've been coming back to the 30 day shred time and time again because if I'm disiciplined enough to work out at home her programs are BOSS and fast so I don't hate getting up a bit early to do them. Can I get up 30 minutes early to work out? sure. 60? NOPE.

I usually exercise early afternoon but today was so busy that I didn't get a chance till 6.30 and I almost talked myself out of it then I said jeez it's 20 minutes come on!!!!!! Blinked and it was over!!!
  • philippakate197
    Options
    Kay_Fancy wrote: »
    Can I get up 30 minutes early to work out? sure. 60? NOPE.

Haha, yes, exactly! :D

• mumbles2013
    Options
    I'm finding this boring now so instead of stopping I'm going to do each level just for a week so tomorrow is the last day of level 1. It was a breeze today as well so I'm definitely better at it.
  • philippakate197
    Options
    I do wonder if I'll feel a bit bored by the repetition, but I really want to do the whole 30 day plan the way it is intended, so I can really see what the results are. If after that I want to try and modify it then I will.

Just done day 2 of level 1. Definitely feeling the effects of yesterday's workout, mostly in my thighs, and it felt tougher because I'm sore. And I was yelling at Jillian when I had to keep getting up and down from the floor in the 3rd circuit! :D Yelling at Jillian makes me feel slightly better.

I took some 'before' pictures this morning too, to compare with when I'm done. I realised that I don't actually look that fat any more. The photo looks better than the live image I see in the mirror somehow, I guess it's taking some time for my perception to catch up with reality.
  • LozzaaxG
    LozzaaxG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi if you don't mind I'm going to jump on this board too! I had tried the 30 day shred before however never completed it! I am to complete it fully this time :)
  • gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Is there a big difference between 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30?
    I work out on Xbox Fitness and the only one available is Ripped in 30 and i really want to try this.
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Is there a big difference between 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30?
    I work out on Xbox Fitness and the only one available is Ripped in 30 and i really want to try this.

You can find it on YouTube if you'd like to do it :smile:

• Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    To anyone doing this: I created a thread called "30 day shred buddies wanted"

Feel free to join us!!! I am re-starting from the beginning after a knee injury