Healthy Habits Every Day Challenge - April 2016

Options
13»

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Side note - I just went to the "goals" page, and it seems that as long as you are updating your weight in "progress", MFP will recalculate your goals automatically. My current weight was reflected in the calorie calculator already. Calorie goal hasn't changed, but I think that's because I am at the minimum allowed (?), 1200/day.

(So ignore what I said earlier about having to go manually recalculate my calorie goals.)
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

4/15 (reporting for 4/14)
    Under Calorie goal: no
    Exercise: 30 minute out door run (wow, I haven't done that in a while)
    Meditation: yes
    Weight lift: no
    Avoided processed foods/ excessive sugar: no

Current Weight: 150 pounds (re-weigh on Monday)
    Goal Weight 5/1: 146 pounds

Current Struggles: Getting serious about avoiding candy and getting over this sugar addiction

Current Strength: I usually try to overestimate calories consumed and underestimate calories burned, but yesterday I think I way overestimated a few snacks lol so that is probably the only reason I went over my goal. Although I went to an event with tons of yummy food last night, I allowed myself one plate and then told myself "no more!" As I knew I would go way over my goal, and it actually worked this time! I just had to ask myself if a second serving of everything would really bring me long-lasting joy, and the answer was DEFININTELY NOT.
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @newbie2143 CONGRATS on the 15 lbs lost! make sure to soak in that victory and let it inspire you to do more great things :) I hope to be joining the 15 lbs lost club soon, maybe in May !
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Date: April 14, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: Yes, 60 min strength trainging and 90 min walking
    Vitamin: Oops..not taking vitamins right now

Current weight: 109
    Goal weight for May 1: 107 (1 lb per week)

Current struggles: Being hungry all the time and staying motivated.
    Current strengths: I've been changing my focus from outcomes to habits/behavior and it helps me stay positive; even if I don't see the changes I want to see I'm doing what I need to do.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    April 15th Reporting for Today
    Under Calorie Goal: Yes (1400)
    Exercise: Treadmill 3 mph - 80 mins / Walk 120 miles at Sring Fair plus this evening / Strength 10 mins

Sodium Intake Check - 2300: Yes
    Protein Intake Check: Yes

Primary Goal: Get back to my highest maintence weight about 10 more pounds, this time stay within 5 pounds ..
    1. log calories yes
    2. Regular runs (3-4 days a week)
    3. Consistent gym workouts to include (4-5 days a week) yes
    4. No late night snacking
    6. Strengh (3 days a week)

Current Weight: 144.1
    Goal Weight June 1: 135

Current Strength: I'm able to stay away from late night snacking.
    Current struggles: being able to adjust my dairy when our dinner plans change, :'(:'(:'( [/quote]

• jppiehl
    jppiehl Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok dropped off the face of the fitness planet but getting back on track and starting over! I think the last time I was here posting was end of Feb.

Date reporting about: 4/17
    Took vitamins & other meds: took vitamins but that's it. Need to get back on track.
    Physical activity: around 3,000 steps
    Water (24-64floz): did not track
    Logged food intake: Yes (stayed between 1,500-1,800 =yes)
    Eating 3-6 times daily: completely failed the last few days. Today I ate only twice but ate enough calories, but it was not all that good for me.

Goal weight for 5/1: 194
    Current weight: 196.7

Current struggles: eating through out the day and not eating 1-2 hr before bed.

Current strengths: The strength to see that I'm not treating my body well and that's the reason I have stayed the same weight for years. I was unintentionally starving myself and so my body held onto every calorie I ate. I also ate high carb & sugar and low protein which was killing my metabolism.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    ~~~~Sorry the last few days has been horrible since this is my husbands first week of retirement. I'm having problem get my mojo back. I plan on waking up early BEFORE he wakes up to hit the gym! I'll post tomorrow ~~~~
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    April 20th Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Treadmill 3 mph w/ 7 incline / Amt @gym / Walk 120 - 9.75 miles / Strength 20 mins

Primary Goal: Get back to my highest maintence weight about 10 more pounds, this time stay within 5 pounds ..
    1. log calories yes

Current Weight: 149.1

Current Strength: getting back to logging and exercising
    Current struggles: being able to adjust my dairy when our dinner plans change. Also making time for a workout [/quote]
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    April 21st Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Treadmill 3 mph w/ 7 incline / Run@gym / Walk / Cross trainer 11 miles / Strength 20 mins

1. log calories yes

Current Weight: 147 (-2.1)

Current Strength: getting back to logging and exercising
    Current struggles: being able to adjust my dairy when our dinner plans change. Also making time for a workout [/quote][/quote]

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    ^ @GrandmaJackie , you must be getting lonely posting here, all by yourself... Sorry I have dropped off the face of the earth for the last week... Took a bit of a break after 3 months of steady attention to diet and exercise, but see that old habits are starting to creep back in to my life, so time to get back on track!

Date: April 22, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: Only partially, back on track today
    Exercised: No, back on track today
    Vitamin: Yes

Current weight: 139.5 (+1.5)

Current struggles: Have not been exercising for almost a week... To be fair to myself, I was not feeling great and probably fighting something off, but it is SO EASY to stick to that no activity momentum and ride the lazy train! I figure the break was necessary for whatever reason, and just a bump on the road. Back at it today. I also was not tracking food too carefully, so now my weight is up and it's time to get started again.

Current strengths: January 1 I decided it was time to get serious and do what I had to do to get this damn extra weight off, and I have been slow, but successful so far.... It is hard work to stick to 1200 calories per day, and I DO get sick of having to be careful every stinking day.... but I know it is what I need to do and the motivation to put in the effort. So glad to have MFP to help me plan my meals and this board to be accountable to for my other healthy habits....
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @newbie2143, I completely understand about needing a break, been there done that! I'm super impressed about you jumping RIGHT back on the wagon the next day, yessss! I've gone 4 or 5 days, ugh!

April 22nd Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Run@gym / Walk / Arc trainer 9 miles / Strength 20 mins

1. log calories yes
    6. Strengh (3 days a week) (2 good days yes)

Current Weight: 147 (-2.1)

Current Strength: Even while my husband snacked these past two nights I was able to have fruit, yay for me! Plus I even made him a banana pie and resisted, :)
    Current struggles:Being able to adjust my dairy when our dinner plans change. Also making time for a workout but getting better! I'm going to try and make a class tomorrow at the gym [/quote]
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    April 23nd Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Run@gym / Walk at lake / Arc trainer / Body Works class

1. log calories yes
    2. Regular runs (3-4 days a week) (3 days this week)
    4. No late night snacking (yes)
    6. Strengh (3 days a week) (Body Works class)

Current Weight: 146.8 (the scale is moving the right way, again)

Current Strength: Even while my husband snacked these past two nights I was able to have fruit, yay for me! Plus I even made him a banana pie and resisted, :)
    Current struggles:Being able to adjust my dairy when our dinner plans change. Also making time for a workout but getting better! I'm going to try and make a class tomorrow at the gym [/quote]
    [/quote]

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    April 25th Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Run@gym / Walk after dinner / Arc trainer

1. log calories yes
    2. Regular runs (3-4 days a week) (first day this week)
    4. No late night snacking (yes)
    6. Strengh (3 days a week) (Yes )

Current Weight: 145.5(the scale is moving the right way, again)

Current Strength: Even while my husband snacks at night I'm still able to ONLY have fruit!!!!!!I

I've had trouble remembering to make time for my protein drink: [/quote]