Before / After pics (GUYS)

Options
kevstorms
kevstorms Posts: 29 Member
So I got injured in Iraq back about 7 years ago. Gain a load of weight which caused me to lose all motivation in anything. Fast forward to now: I hate what I see in the mirror and have recently began my journey. 3 weeks in and already the FEELING is amazing. I am not on any real program yet, I watch what I eat and drink water. My diet is great. I go to Planet Fitness in my area and their trainer there works with me 5 days a week for 45 minutes. So I kind of just do what she says. A lot of squats, dumbells, cable machine and such.

I am interested in seeing people's before and after pics, as well as some advice so I can keep up my motivation. I have a rather large midsection and I am afraid of loose baggy skin if I continue. So any advice is appreciated! Here is my pic now:

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 227 (Today)
Goal: 175

dpav613deimh.jpg

Replies

• farmernick1
    farmernick1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You've done really well Jesus. Well done
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Y'all are doing so well!
    Keep it up! :)
  • keydoor02
    keydoor02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great work guys...I started my journey today...I can't afford to go to gym...I have to study all day for an exam so its only healthy eating...best of luck to all
  • kevstorms
    Options
    This is the OP, all you guys have AMAZING transformations, but my question is HOW. What did you do, from start to finish? I need to know what I am doing! I know the information is out there, but if I get that info from REAL PEOPLE who are doing it, I would feel much better.
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    kevstorms wrote: »
    This is the OP, all you guys have AMAZING transformations, but my question is HOW. What did you do, from start to finish? I need to know what I am doing! I know the information is out there, but if I get that info from REAL PEOPLE who are doing it, I would feel much better.

Calories in vs calories out, that it. I didn't join a gym, although I plan on doing that when I transition my goal to gaining muscle. I didn't have fancy equipment. I didn't use any special program. I didn't radically change my diet (I still have paste, ice cream, Chinese, everything but soda. I just enjoy these things in moderation). I didn't take any pills or supplements, except for the occasional protein powder. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was just calories in vs calories out.

-Accurtely log in your food.
    -Get plenty of fiber and protein to keep you full longer.
    -Drink your water.
    -Make sure you are in a deficit by the end of the day.
    -Workout, if you can, everyday. Even if it just a 15 minute stroll around your neighborhood. But do what you find enjoyable, otherwise you will end up quitting. If you hate to walk there is always: strength training, swimming, yoga, hiking, cycling, rollerblading, tennis, rock climbing, soccer, baseball....
  • smallk505
    smallk505 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I accurately logged for awhile and realized it just wasnt for me. I know that is the whole purpose of MFP but It wasnt something I wanted to do my whole life. After 2-3 months I could pretty much figure out about where everything was and didnt look back from there. This will probably not work for many people, I am a very mathematically inclined person and I usually have a tally in my head every day and compare that to my fitbit. I tend to eat very little throughout the week and splurge on the weekends. I workout 5-6 times a week which makes it so I can eat when and what I want generally. I think drinking water is the most important thing to most people anyway. Switching from soda to water can easily take away 1000 calories a day for some people starting out here. I use MFP for motivation and just fitness tips now.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    As a few have said "calories in, calories out". I started Nutrisystem in August, 2015. Joined a gym and started on the treadmill, as the weight dropped off, I put an Olympic weight set, dumbells, bench and squat rack in my garage because I didn't feel comfortable lifting at the gym (not confident around the gym rats and I didn't want to make a fool out of myself in the beginning). I don't kill myself, I follow the diet with some exceptions. I allow myself an occasional night out and then get back on the process the next day and remember that "every day is a new day". I DO log everything that goes in my mouth religiously. MFP has been extremely helpful.
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    90 pounds lost.
  • kevstorms
    Options
    I am doing really well tracking my food intake. Thing is with the changes I made, eating 5 times a day, nice wonderful healthy things, I get FULL, FAST. I know that is the point but I just can't eat it all! At the end of each day, my goal is 1680, but I still end up with about 1000 unspent calories and MFP yelling at me. Thing is if I DO try to put more in, I want to vomit hard. So not sure what to do. I am doing throughout the day things like eggs, yogurt, fruits, veggies, lean meats like chicken and ground chicken, lettuce wraps. I am loving the food, but my body is not letting me intake too much at all! The water, I am up to anywhere from 8-12 (8oz) glasses a day, and always hydrated.

I am dropping weight, In the past 8 weeks, I have lost 22 lbs (9 of which was the past 2 weeks with a change in gym plan). I go to the gym 5 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes, and I use the trainer there. She is nice, and has me doing cable machines, dumb bells, weights, squats and other stuff. She hates that Planet Fitness does not allow lifting, so we do what we can do.

I just want to see my skin not flab up as I lose weight. I see a lot of you guys NOT having that issue, so I really want to know what you are doing to achieve that! My biggest worry is that I lose this weight, and I look like a flying squirrel!
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness doesn't allow lifting???
  • kevstorms
    Options
    Planet Fitness doesn't allow lifting???

Not the type of lifting she says I need to do.
  • jesusarolon
    Options
    "1,000 unspent calories"- I'm assuming that you are also including the calories you burned at the gym here. Because If you are only eating 680 calories a day, that is not good at all.

I would suggest you add in calorie dense foods into your diet like nuts, avocados, greek yogurt, sweetpotatos, whole wheat breads and pastas, brown rice, lean meats. Also try not drinking water right before or during lunch.

"She hates that Planet Fitness does not allow lifting"- I'm confused about this as well. Do you mean you are not allowed to do any strength training with weights (like using a bench press for example)? If so did she give you a reason why?

I would just assume that most trainers would include strength training in their clients workout routine.

"My biggest worry is that I lose this weight, and I look like a flying squirrel!"- I know you might not want to here this dude, but for anyone losing at least 100 pounds its almost a given that they will have some excess skin. How much depends on genetics, age and how fast you lose the weight.

When I first start, knowing that I wanted to lose around 110 pounds, I knew that there was a big possibility of ending up with excess skin. I just had to ask myself "would you rather be at the weight you are now, unhealthy and miserable or would you rather be happy for once in your life whether that comes with some flab." I chose the flab. Now I lost the weight slowly and I started at 23 so in my case its not as bad as it could have been. My only areas where I have a small amount of excess skin in on my triceps and behind my neck (which is no surprise since I didnt have a neck before just a layer of fat :D)

But if you were to ask me now if I would have preferred to not have lost the weight I would say hell no and Im sure every guy and woman on the success portion of the forums would agree.

You should check out this video on Youtube called "My Biggest Insecurity: Loose Skin 2.0" by one of my favorite youtubers ObesetoBeast. He lost a lot of weight and ended up with a lot of lose skin, but he doesnt let that hold him back. Hes even training for his first competition!
  • jesusarolon
    Options
    Just focus on creating healthy lifelong habits that will not only help you lose the weight, but help you keep it off as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!