Inner thighs

Options
What is the best exercise to help trim and tone the inner thighs?

Replies

• AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sumo squats with a dumb bell are pretty good ! Even jumping squats , also try high running knees
  • heatherwoodard203
    heatherwoodard203 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @AmandaJuneFit Thank you! I will hve to try those.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    No problem ! Id say all types of squats if youre really looking to tone up your legs , lunges are great as well !
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @AmandaJuneFit My legs are mostly toned, I just haven't been able to get the inside of my thighs to tighten up like the outside.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    Me either , it is for sure my trouble area :( But these exercises has helped me quite a bit so try them out ! Please let me know if they help
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    The inner thigh is probably one of the hardest places for women!! :unamused:

That said, "tone" or lack of it are generally a product of body fat %. So, to get rid of any jiggle, you need to get your body fat % low enough ... that amount will be different for each person, based on genetics. Do the leg exercises (squats, lunges, etc) with weights, it's good for your muscles, core, etc. But, of course, it won't spot reduce the fat.

And, most women will have a bit of extra fat on our inner thigh. In general, those without any probably have a very low body fat, or are photoshopped.
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @AmandaJuneFit i sure will. Thank you again
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @mathjulz thank you and i will definetly have to do my best with the exercises @AmandaJuneFit told me about. I still have some mild toning in other areas but I cant stand the wag my thighs are lol.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @AmandaJuneFit My legs are mostly toned, I just haven't been able to get the inside of my thighs to tighten up like the outside.

Calorie deficit. Keep losing, and you'll lose the fat over the muscle there eventually.

For many women, including me, inner thighs and tummy are the last to go!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Sumo squats with a dumb bell are pretty good ! Even jumping squats , also try high running knees

For building muscle and endurance maybe.
  • jessef593
    Options
    You'll have to continue eating at a deficit in order to reduce your body fat percentage. You CANNOT tone a specific area or spot reduce. If you could not a single person would have an ounce of fat on them. It you want your legs to look more defined, you'll have to first increase your muscle mass in that area through progressive overload and eating at a caloric surplus.

Then in order to reveal the muscle underneath you wil have to eat at a deficit to reduce body fat percentage while continuing to do a structured lifting program. All the while trying to maintain if not increase strength levels in order to reduce lean mass losses. It's a basic bulk and cut cycle. Do not buy into targeting areas for fat loss through exercise. It's a complete myth.
  • heatherwoodard203
    Options
    @jessef593 Thank you, by chance, could you help me write a chart or something so I actually have a way to guide myself in order toaintain that.
  • jessef593
    Options
    A chart? Do you mean a lifting program or a diet plan?