Replies

• WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    LOVE what DorothyDingman had to say! :drinker:
  • noveleigh
    noveleigh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It really is a step in the right direction, and who knows, maybe one day you'll be able to give those biscuits up completely unless it's for a special treat. I'm going through the same thing with Starbucks. My first step was to switch from whole milk to non-fat, and whip to none. In place of the whipped cream I'm having them add cinnamon (which is very limited in calories anyway and adds extra flavor). Now I'm moving down from venti sized to grande, and from there I'll move to a tall and from there to making it a treat as I know it should be in the first place. It's a work in progress, and I'm very proud of you for making that first step.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Thats great!! McDonalds breakfast is my weakness also :) I love the Sausage McMuffins with cheese (no eggs) and hasbrowns and a caramel frappe ooooh so damn goo and I can usually down 2 sammies and 2 hashbrowns ... I have been there in over a week :) Thats great that you cut so far back! Its ok to feed the craving every once in a while. Good luck and add me if you like :)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You should really start creating your own breakfast sandwiches. Get egg whites, turkey sausage or turkey bacon, and low fat cheese on a bagel thin or arnolds sandwich thin. That would save you a lot in calories and other bad ingriedients like saturated fat and sodium that fast food places like McDonalds serve.

Write down a goal to stay away from McDonald's for two weeks and see how it goes. Use this place to count your calories.
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Dave, I am the QUEEN of fast food. It's addicting, and because I am gone from my house for 15 hours, and commute 140 miles+ per day, I rely on it for a pick me up, and it's CHEAP. I have been doing baby steps since June 1. I still eat fast food 5 times a week, but somehow have managed to lose 15 pounds by making better choices. I absolutely LOVE Jack N The Box breakfast jacks. They're a buck. I order them without cheese though.

My next goal is to bring them from home, and not the Jimmy Dean lite versions, although they are better than a McD's sausage egg mcmuffin.

I feel like doing an assembly line and freeze a bunch in freezer bags. Egg white/egg combo (3 parts egg white to 1 egg), lite swiss cheese, maybe some turkey bacon or bacon bits for flavor. I adore eggs, and would be more likely to go nuts on eggs.

Baby steps.....that's all you can do. I find that something that works and stick with it until I am SICK of it.

Good luck!