Challenge - five pounds a month - five months - who is in?

Options

Replies

• Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I gave into the urge a bit last night. On top of the urge, I had a LONG STRESSFUL coworker stupidity filled night at work and went through a drive through. However, I DID exercise SOME control. Just got the burger, only had 11 of my husband's fries and 2 drinks of his soda. I WANTED twice that. LOL New day.
  • nelly_805
    nelly_805 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had to pass up some breakfast tacos and donuts during a morning work meeting. Then later in the morning I went to grab some water from the break room, and saw all the left over breakfast tacos and donuts again.... passed those up again. Just came back from an afternoon work meeting, and had to pass up the chocolate cake.

I wanted all of the above..... so bad!

:(

The major problem I have is self control. But I think today, I was able to control myself :smiley:
  • lindacstitch
    lindacstitch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please can I join the group.
    I have never joined anything like this before. Not sure what to do but but SW and CW is 188lb
    Goal is 168lb.
    I really need help and motivation. Start a diet one day and normally fail by the evening. Need all the help I can get
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    nelly_805 wrote: »
    I had to pass up some breakfast tacos and donuts during a morning work meeting. Then later in the morning I went to grab some water from the break room, and saw all the left over breakfast tacos and donuts again.... passed those up again. Just came back from an afternoon work meeting, and had to pass up the chocolate cake.

The major problem I have is self control. But I think today, I was able to control myself :smiley:

You are the bomb diggity! I know your pain. I was offered cake in the break room today, bread at lunch, and desert after lunch....now back at office and someone offered me a soda. We got this! <high five>
  • mrsditchen
    mrsditchen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW - 160
    CW - 135
    GW - 120
  • AshleighSpa
    AshleighSpa Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday... but I do. I don't know for some reason it is a bigger motivator for me than anything. And with that being said... I am down another lb!!! Also this is my first day doing the gallon water challenge... yes I have failed at that lol. I only have 32 Oz. Down... I hate water ugh!!!!
    Hope everyone else is doing good, feel free to add me so we can watch each other's journeys!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    I gave into the urge a bit last night. On top of the urge, I had a LONG STRESSFUL coworker stupidity filled night at work and went through a drive through. However, I DID exercise SOME control. Just got the burger, only had 11 of my husband's fries and 2 drinks of his soda. I WANTED twice that. LOL New day.

I can totally relate to the coworker stupidity. Sounds like you did well, regardless. I have to walk away from the sweets every day. That is so hard to not cave for me. Especially when dealing with stress and dumb people. I would say you did good controlling yourself. Keep it up!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    nelly_805 wrote: »

Sounds like you did great! I have pretty good willpower. The sweets really call to me, tho.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday... but I do. I don't know for some reason it is a bigger motivator for me than anything. And with that being said... I am down another lb!!! Also this is my first day doing the gallon water challenge... yes I have failed at that lol. I only have 32 Oz. Down... I hate water ugh!!!!
    Hope everyone else is doing good, feel free to add me so we can watch each other's journeys!

Water is the hardest thing for me. I have this great mug, Bubba Keg. It keeps stuff cold for 12 hrs & holds 64oz. If I didn't have that, I wouldn't make it.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ooh can I join too? Been looking for something like this!
    SW 212
    CW 206
    GW 181
    My weigh in is on Sundays..
    (I technically started on 5th, but I'm happy to start today 15th for this thread - i'll still weigh in on Sun though.)
  • vdemnyan
    vdemnyan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this even though I have a hard time loosing a lb.Today is April 15 so I'll do my weigh in on the 191st of every month.

Sw 150
    Cw 150
    Gw 125

May 1
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good evening. I am in. 5 pounds in 30 days totally reasonable and realistic. One post in other section had 40 pounds to loose hoping it was typo. I am in. I will weigh in tomorrow am
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Im currently losing 3lb a week (24 lbs in 8 weeks)... Challenge Accepted !!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm in. When do we start and exactly what date do we end?
  • conniehealthygirl
    Options

Ashleighspa I wondered if anyone else is weighing in daily. I find that i can't resist the urge to weigh in. I know issues with scale but I weigh self in am at home. I started weighing in at work and then when I go to lifetime I can't help myself I weigh in. Also I hate to admit this but I weigh in at both scales at lifetime. This seems weird to me but I can't help myself. I have arguments with scales I am down 13 pounds since November 1 and I have more muscle due to class but I wish excess weight came off faster
  • conniehealthygirl
    Options
    Am I strange?
  • bronson32906
    bronson32906 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I would love to join. This would be my first challenge.
    SW 303
    CW 158
    GW 135
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Got my swimming laps in today, gonna take the dogs for a walk tonight if the weather agrees. My ring fell off and now I cant wear it until I get a snuggie and had to buy a belt so my favorite jeans wont fall down. Excited to weight in. Was very tempting today, but not only have I committed to myself to only weigh once a month, but I am also in another challenge where I cannot weight until May 1. It is very tempting, but that number scares the hell out of me. I hope it reflects what I am feeling and seeing.
  • kriskrossness
    kriskrossness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting a few days late, but that's okay. I weigh myself on Fridays, so I'll post in once a week. ^_^
    SW: 245
    GW: 220

(Long term goal: 150)
  • conniehealthygirl
    Options
    I am in
    SW-158
    CW-147
    GW-130
    I would like to loose 5 pounds in 30 days starting today April 16-May 16