Weight loss stalled

Options
Been on this journey for a month and a half now first month great lost a kg a week but last 2 weeks nothing I weigh everything I eat log everything and workout 1 and a half hours 5 times a week I'm 5.7 male on 1500 calls a day do not eat my excesise cals back so need some help I seen the flow chart on other posts and followed it but there's nothing wrong with me any help or advice would be most welcome

Replies

• jontywontytong
    jontywontytong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also I'm currently 87 kg trying to get to 75
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If you followed the chart, you should know that two weeks isn't exactly a stall and that weight loss is not linear. You should ride it out for a week or two more and then reassess. Since you workout for an hour and a half five times per week, you could be retaining water for muscle repair. If you had a high sodium day, that could also be masking a loss. Have you been the same exact weight for the past two weeks? How frequently do you weigh in?
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi me too I am on 35th day of logging and in this lapse of time i dropped almost 3.5 pounds and got them back. So basically I haven't lost an ounce. They told me I was eating too little so I increased but nothing changed. I guess some people just need more time.....they told me "blah blah blah eat more" "weigh everything' "calorie deficit" and here I am still struggling. But I will keep going and see what happen! Its easy to get confused because here most people are excited as they are constantly loosing but most started a life change with 50 or 100 or more pounds to shed they started excercise, start eat healthier , serious calorie decrease respect what they had before of course they gonna loose. But if you have few pounds to loose, have always eaten healthy and always excercised, well that's a different story and much harder because I am actually not drastically changing anything from my life so this is the only thing i could come up with for my 30 days failure!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Rit1603 wrote: »
    Hi me too I am on 35th day of logging and in this lapse of time i dropped almost 3.5 pounds and got them back. So basically I haven't lost an ounce. They told me I was eating too little so I increased but nothing changed. I guess some people just need more time.....they told me "blah blah blah eat more" "weigh everything' "calorie deficit" and here I am still struggling. But I will keep going and see what happen! Its easy to get confused because here most people are excited as they are constantly loosing but most started a life change with 50 or 100 or more pounds to shed they started excercise, start eat healthier , serious calorie decrease respect what they had before of course they gonna loose. But if you have few pounds to loose, have always eaten healthy and always excercised, well that's a different story and much harder because I am actually not drastically changing anything from my life so this is the only thing i could come up with for my 30 days failure!

You've only been at this for 35 days. That's not really enough time to determine whether or not something is working out for you. I will say this though; whoever said to eat more is incorrect. If you're not losing on your current calorie allowance, increasing your calories isn't going to make you lose weight. Whoever said calorie deficit is correct, as you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight, period. When you have less weight to lose, a food scale does help immensely, as there is less room for error. What are your stats?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Give it some time.
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Rit1603 wrote: »

You've only been at this for 35 days. That's not really enough time to determine whether or not something is working out for you. I will say this though; whoever said to eat more is incorrect. If you're not losing on your current calorie allowance, increasing your calories isn't going to make you lose weight. Whoever said calorie deficit is correct, as you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight, period. When you have less weight to lose, a food scale does help immensely, as there is less room for error. What are your stats?

hi, thank you , sorry to have taken space to this thread I just wanted to support the OP saying to keep going anyway and eventually something will come up at least I think I will understand what is that I'm doing wrong or right or what is good for my body. Yes i use a food scale and weight everything and at a certain point i dropped about 4 pounds but as I started to eat more I gained back. I just want to loose 10 pounds and I think this period is helping me understand what is good and what's not for me, I don't care if I don't loose at the moment, I just want to see how my body react. Yes I am depressed about it but what's the use of being depressed? Yes some days I ate more than I was supposed to as well but exceeding 200/300 cal (i think 3 or 4 days in a whole 35 days) but most definitely I eat less than I was eating before starting the calorie counting. I am 5.8 started and 167 half way through went 162.3 then back 167 i started at 1,400 cal then upper up to 1800 now 1500 let's say I still haven't found the right path. Plus I can't seem to balance the fat/protein always very low unless I incorporate protein shakes and protein packed (yesterday to reach the protein I had to eat 1 quorn patty at lunch and 1 quorn patty at dinner plus a protein shake and yogurt and finally i met, i don't eat meat/fish/cheeses that's my protein problem ) .

All I can say is I DEFINITELY WANT TO KEEP GOING ! what I am going to change now is that i will lower the calorie spent exercising so I will log half of what it says I have spent. (actually I always double check online all my exercising for instance if i run i calculate heart rate/pace/distance/weight online and then log it.)
  • jontywontytong
    jontywontytong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning at same time and place been roughly 87 kg for 2 weeks I lost weight before and it wasn't until 82 kg that it started slowing down last time stupid me stopped logging after I hit my goal weight last time but lesson learned will just have to do this for life this time round