Points?

Options
Can someone please explain to me what the points bit means on the my profile section? And how do you get them? Thanks!

Replies

• anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to warning points, MyFitessPal has a section titled "Warnings and Point System for Reported Posts" under their guidelines page.

Here is what is stated:

Notice = 0 Warning Points: This type of warning is used to let a member know they have violated a guideline and request they review our guidelines to avoid future warnings. This type of warning is appropriate for new members and for notifying members of posts removed that don’t warrant disciplinary action.

Minor Warning = 2 Warning Points: This type of warning is to let a member know they have violated a guideline and have received 2 points. Minor warnings remain in place for 1 week. This type of warning is appropriate for members who have received previous notifications to review our guidelines.

Major Warning = 3 Warning Points: This type of warning is to let a member know they have significantly violated a guideline and have received 3 points. Examples include hate speech, blatant personal attacks, or posting images containing nudity. This also includes repeated violations of minor warnings. Major warnings remain in place for 2 weeks.

Banning = 5 Warning Points: A member who accumulates a total of 5 active points will be banned and permanently lose posting privileges.
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is that what they mean?! I have 1 and I dunno where it's come from.. I'm kinder new to this so yeah but thanks!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes. However, you will get a point if a random user flags your post as abuse or spam (people will sometimes flag posts that they don't agree with even though it didn't violate any rules). I have 8. The only points that count towards the warnings are the ones you get from moderators.
  • anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Is that what they mean?! I have 1 and I dunno where it's come from.. I'm kinder new to this so yeah but thanks!

I think I saw two separate Forum Posts from you titled "Anyone from the UK?" You may have accidently posted that title twice and a moderator may have flagged you for it, resulting in a point. That is just my assumption though.
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks a lot guys!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Okay the points thing has changed a bit. I was -8 before the new " like " / "awesome " was added. Now I'm positive 38.

So you get + points if someone likes/awesome a post your wrote and - points for abuse/spam. But again the negative points only count in the system above if it was done by a moderator.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't even notice a points thing!