Who's having trouble loosing weight after 35?

Options
Hi everyone!! I am glad to be here, need some support, every day is getting harder to get fit, and with a lot of cardiovascular risks this is a serious stuff!

Replies

• victoriagilbert43
    victoriagilbert43 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Alfred? My name is Vicky and I'm 45, and yes I've been fighting this battle on & off since I was 38, I'm glad your here & pretty motivated. I'll be your fitness pal & cheer u on if u like , you will gain confidence & motivation from your friends in the community, don't give up! If this is something your interested in add me
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    43 and I'm dropping weight quick as..
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Me I'm 46 was very ill last year lots medication
    I used to lose 2-3lbs a week
    I lost 10lbs in 7 weeks then sts for 4 weeks had a gain then a loss am strict as always
    Some women struggle as perimenspausal
  • Tatty_Lad
    Tatty_Lad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, can I join in? 44 years young, just had a heel operation & in need of some motivation please. I'm 5'7" & just shy of 14 st :'(

My problem, apart from a Haglunds Deformity? Stress eating. I've got a difficult job. When under pressure, I revert to comfort pickie bits & the occasional few glasses of wine or cider.

Had my op almost 4 weeks ago, & managed to complete an hour on an exercise bike today. But, a long road ahead awaits me I think.

Grateful for any support.

Thanks.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    62 and motivated, getting older has it's challenges, but nothing that can't be overcome. Positive attitude is my friend. Down 27 pounds since January and fitter than I've been in years. Stayed active all winter with skiing, snowshoeing, and hiking the mountains out my front door.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I got my crap together when I was 38...once I dedicated myself to being healthy again and I dedicated myself to getting fit, it wasn't really a big deal.

I lost 40 Lbs overall and today marks three years of maintenance. Getting your fitness back just takes time. I'm more fit now at 41 than I was anytime in my 30s and even most of my 20s. The only real challenge I've noticed is that I don't recover as easily as I did when I was 18 and solid nutrition is more paramount than it was back then.
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm only 30 and the struggle is real! Harder and harder every day...
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I changed my life in my mid-thirties. I'm 43 and drop weight with no problem when I follow the program. My advice? Do not blame your age. Strength train, find cardio you enjoy, and get your calories and macros squared away. There are plenty of very fit people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. Don't talk about your age being an issue or you will end up making your age an issue.
  • Alfredomd12
    Alfredomd12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A lot of pretty awesome people here!
    Let's do this!!