No Thyroid and no weight loss after 26 days

Options
OK so for the past couple of weeks I have been doing this meal plan and all my food it weighted. I'm not going to lie there are days where I don't eat enough and have like 700 calories left over so I will have a thin crust pizza. But that is not often. I do boot camp 3 times a week. And stick to 1400 calories a day and still no weight loss. Any suggestions??? My sister in law did the same meal plan and she doesn't work out and she lost 3lbs so far in 2 weeks. Ugh

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    A whole pizza can be a lot more than 700cals. Thin or no thin.

In all likelihood you're eating more than you think. Your diary is not open to public so we can't tell you what you might be doing wrong. In general not losing weight (for more than 2-3 weeks) while on deficit means you're not on deficit. Energy can't come out of nowhere. It has to come from somewhere. So it is either your fat supplies or your food. It is very simple.
  • delcymartins
    delcymartins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I calculate everything i eat.. its less than 700 calories trust me i calculated it.
  • KeithWHowley
    KeithWHowley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some of these people on here think because they lost 10 lbs they are dieticians now. If it is a possible thyroid problem, call your doctor and see what his opinion is and go from there. Good luck.
  • delcymartins
    Options
    I did he said go on weight watchers :o
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Some of these people on here think because they lost 10 lbs they are dieticians now. If it is a possible thyroid problem, call your doctor and see what his opinion is and go from there. Good luck.

Welcome to MFP!!
  • delcymartins
    Options
    thank you..ive been on here before and lost 11lbs but that was before thyroid removal...
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I agree. You need a doctor to check you out properly. But if you already have normal thyroid levels, then seeing an understanding nutritionist could help.

And keep in mind that what works for one person, may not work for you. I have a friend who didn't lose any weight the first month and became very depressed. Then she talked to a trainer at the gym. She cut her calories to 1,300 and stopped eating her exercise calories. Now she is losing weight, but very slowly. Everybody is different and I agree with the above. While you will find lots of motivational posts on MFP, weigh the nutritional advice carefully.

And one more thing. Do you weigh every day? I have found that weighing once a week is best for me, otherwise I get too caught up in the numbers.

Good luck!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Well, here's the thing, there are very few things it could be.

OP clearly has a thyroid issue since she doesn't have a thyroid, so the first step should be to see an endocrinologist because they are better qualified to deal with her particular issue. Her doctor told her to go on Weight Watchers, so she definitely needs to see another doctor.

Regardless, since the OP hasn't seen a loss in 26 days, at the current time it appears that whatever the OP's TDEE is, she is possibly eating above it. Seeing as she has no thyroid, it affects the CO part of the equation and the number of calories MFP is giving her could possibly be too high.
  • delcymartins
    Options
    I eat about 1200 calories a day and I don't eat my exercise calories. Im currently doing boot camp 3 times a week and walking 24 km's on the weekend. Im also on a meal plan which is 1200 calories and mainly 5oz of protein.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You've really got to take this to your doctor. At the same time, keep logging and doing your best. You might want to print out your diary when you go in.
  • delcymartins
    Options
    I have spoken to my doctor i am healthy!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    OK so for the past couple of weeks I have been doing this meal plan and all my food it weighted. I'm not going to lie there are days where I don't eat enough and have like 700 calories left over so I will have a thin crust pizza. But that is not often. I do boot camp 3 times a week. And stick to 1400 calories a day and still no weight loss. Any suggestions??? My sister in law did the same meal plan and she doesn't work out and she lost 3lbs so far in 2 weeks. Ugh

You're not the same person so you can't compare yourself to her.

Stop eating the pizza? cut out the crap? it's not good for you so why eat it? you know what you're doing wrong you just think you can get away with sneaking in pizza here and there, well you can't and that pizza is your lack of progress.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

You're not the same person so you can't compare yourself to her.

Stop eating the pizza? cut out the crap? it's not good for you so why eat it? you know what you're doing wrong you just think you can get away with sneaking in pizza here and there, well you can't and that pizza is your lack of progress.

The OP probably is making errors logging wise, but pizza doesn't stop weight loss unless you're eating pizza and going over your calorie count by doing so. Plenty of people here eat pizza/have eaten pizza and lost weight, including me.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Do your weigh all of your food on a food scale? If not, you are likely eating more than you think.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    like elphie754 asked, are you actually weighing your food on a digital food scale, and do you pick your listings by manufacturer calories and do the math to figure out partial portions or do you guess?
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I make pizza and it's 500 cal. I weigh the flour before I add water and yeast, and I weigh the cheese. 700 doesn't sound too far off.
  • delcymartins
    Options
    Yes I do have a scale and weigh all my food.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    definately see a differnt doctor or go to a university hospital where they are up on things. Ive gone through so many docotrs with my conditions , some are great , others should have their licenses revoked. you have to realy push for answers as one poster said. and do lots of your own research on your condition, go to the doctor with a list of question , and requests with the names of the tests. write it down if you need to.

Iv ehad pain in my throut for years, finaly diagnosed with thyroid noduales by a GOOD ent. they are so far benign but I dread losing my throid because I keep hearign about this and weight gain and I am already struggling adn thinking it isnt functioning too good but cant find a good endocrinologist at the moment that will do other than the basic testing.

wishing you the best of luck.