103lbs gone...forever (PIC)

Options
Long story short.

2 years later....
A lot of figuring things out....
A lot of starting over.....
A lot of good times.....
Some bad times......

and I have finally hit the milestone of 103 lbs lost.

Right - 383lbs *Jan 2014* Left - 279lbs *Today*

Goal is to reach 230 by the end of the year to officially be out of the obese category of the BMI scale. Which I know is controversial but It is just something I want to do haha

Feel free to add me on here too!!!

vbyg6xqqowu2.jpg

Replies

• sabkhan32
    sabkhan32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats!! You look very good! Lol I have the same goal to try to reach 230 lbs. and then I can slowly try to reach 200 lbs. I just had a baby in Jan . Didn't gain much weight but it did bump me to 321 lbs. Before delivery and I have lost that plus more!! My current weight is 282 lbs. Can you share some tips with me that helped you?? I understand you are a male and males lose weight differently then females they say! But I feel that the effort everyone makes is what leads them to weight loss.
  • CruisinThruLife
    CruisinThruLife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is really wonderful progress! :)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great work and Congrats!! All the best!
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    sabkhan32 wrote: »
    Wow congrats!! You look very good! Lol I have the same goal to try to reach 230 lbs. and then I can slowly try to reach 200 lbs. I just had a baby in Jan . Didn't gain much weight but it did bump me to 321 lbs. Before delivery and I have lost that plus more!! My current weight is 282 lbs. Can you share some tips with me that helped you?? I understand you are a male and males lose weight differently then females they say! But I feel that the effort everyone makes is what leads them to weight loss.

I have found that drinking 74 ounces of water first thing in the morning helps me stay fuller for longer throughout the day. Not sure of the science behind it...and nothing specific about the number...that is just what helps me. I try to drink 2 gallons a day anyways though

I also find that eating volume-est foods helps a lot too. I have a BOMB spaghetti squash lasagna recipe that I use as a "cheat meal" almost every week. Pinterest is my go to for recipes.

Futhermore, I read the success stories thread on this site almost everyday for motivation.....

Lastly, I buy clothes that fit but are a tad bit snug to 1) motivate me to comfortably fit in them one day 2) saves money by allowing me to grow into clothes instead of donating a ton of clothes that I will be too big in a month. I keep one or two pair of my bigger clothes for motivation. Allows me to see how far I have come.

Hopefully any of the stuff I have said helps in the slightest :)
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! This is awesome!!! You look wonderful. (I bet you feel sod much better, too, huh?) Will you share the spaghetti squash recipe?
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    Yay!!! This is awesome!!! You look wonderful. (I bet you feel sod much better, too, huh?) Will you share the spaghetti squash recipe?

Here you go:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL4_Yp6qmm0

I changed a few things to make the meal more macro friendly. Like fat free/low fat cheeses, 93/7 ground turkey, and low carb marinara sauce.
  • TanishaMoore613
    TanishaMoore613 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    What? You did not even look 383lbs. Wow! Good job though!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look awesome - keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!