Runners- share your run!

Options

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm prepping for a 10 mile (16km) race May first. I then will be continue training as I signed up for my first 1/2 marathon in June!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Easy 5.2mi recovery in the mtns. Minimal vertical (873ft). 22mi long run tomorrow. Should close the week out at 70mi.

14-16 races coming up. From halfs to 100k (62mi) races.
    Half on the 30th, mtn marathon on may 7th, 50k in June 5th, 80k, july, 100k aug. And more.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Love to see at the C25k'ers.....I was in your shoes 18 months ago. You're going to be amazed at what you'll be able to do in a few short months.

Ran a 5 miles this morning...and had to get creative on my route due to a 5k going through the neighborhood.

• jbehring
    jbehring Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I ran over 12 miles on Friday.
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did a long run of 14miles on Friday which felt awful from the first mile to the last (training for a half in June and a full in October). Then ran 8 yesterday with a friend (first ever social run) and felt fantastic. Ups and downs...
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    12k run yesterday (with 32000 other people) through my city.
    And I crossed the finish line feeling great!
    Although I've been running on and off for about 5 years now, I had lost momentum (gained weight, lost fitness) but early this year decided to start over with C25K (again) and as soon as I was up to running 8 or more mins at a time I knew I was back on track.
    I'm a complete tortoise, and I have regular walk breaks, but that's OK by me.

My longest run was a half marathon 4 years ago, and I'm really tempted to start training for that again, but I know I'm opening myself up to the risk of more injuries... better stick to 10 - 12k for now.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Longest 15km in 1:30
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow poke but don't mind! I ran 3 miles today in about 40 minutes. Enjoyed new music on my playlist and sang along as i ran. Great run today!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I set a 3-mile "PR" the other day. I put "PR" in quotes because it was a run on the indoor track at my gym, and a) those aren't exactly typical conditions, and b) I'm a little skeptical of their track measurement. Heh. But still. Even if it's not a real PR, it was a damned good run.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning, hot and muggy. 10k run planned. Tummy started gurgling as soon as I started. .5 mile in I decided to turn around and made it back to the bathroom. Instead of throwing in the towel on the run, headed back out for another 4.2 miles, so I got a total of 5.2 miles instead of the planned 6.2, but at least I went back out after my tummy issues.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    6.4 miles at a 10 min mile pace
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    3 slow miles this morning, but the fact that I can do 3 miles is ASTOUNDING to me!
  • scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    9.4 miles, 1hr 35min, 10min pace per mile. Goal was to run slow and longer.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I ran about 5 miles today. Not a huge distance for me. But I've had a swollen and injured knee for about two months. (Yes, I have consulted with medical expertise.) Because my stride is slightly off kilter, I've exacerbated a Morton's neuroma in the opposite foot. So, my run was pretty slow, hobbling on one good knee and one good foot. Sigh. This is so tiresome!
  • leahs828
    leahs828 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone over 2 miles because of shin pain :'( Doing all sorts of different things to combat and recover! Hope to reach new goals for distance by Christmas!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Falls in the stupid category, but here it goes: had set myself to run a 14km route. After two km I was wondering why I was still not warmed up and I still had side stitches. 4km in I had to walk every 500m or so. 7km in I realized it must be an asthma flareup and what I considered to be stitches was a tight chest *sigh* No mobile phone reception in the area, no inhaler with me, a road with not too much traffic but cars generally going 60 or 70mph.. and no other way of getting home than to continue. Took a while for me to get home. Whole flareup took me 4 weeks to get rid of again. At least I know now why I sometimes have stitches during running, or sometimes just from getting up from my desk to fetch a new cup of tea.

Btw, I hope to run my first half marathon in October. I'll probably be fit enough to run one in june or july, but the route is rather boring.

I can sympathize!! I am still trying to get over mine! I had to up my daily puffer from twice a day to 3 times daily right now. I do feel that running has improved my asthma. My attacks are further apart now and generally only occur at drastic temperature changes. Good luck on your half! I am training for one in the spring!!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    10k race tomorrow morning. Friday it was 70 and beautiful, at race time it will be 30 with 20 mph winds gusting to 40 mph. We got our first snow today, too. I haven't trained much due to an injury, and I haven't run in the cold yet this year. This will be interesting!

Feel free to add me, I'd love more runner friends!
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 12 mile run tonight...could have probably easily done another 5-6 , but hands really stinging even with gloves on( about 31degrees)