Banana and peanut butter shake??

Options
2»

Replies

• DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you're a fan of peanut butter I'd recommend looking into something like PB2.

https://www.bellplantation.com/

The peanut butter is defatted and stored dried. You mix 2T of pb2 with 1T of water to get ~2T of peanut butter at only 45 calories. It tastes almost exactly like peanut butter (enough to satisfy me at least). I really especially love the chocolate flavor.
  • jennineguidry1964
    jennineguidry1964 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Like Deviatednorm wrote, my snack at night is a bananna & peanut butter smoothie. I blend a banana with 2T of PB2, a few ice cubes and will use water or almond milk. Depending on how my sweet tooth is , I'll add 1T of cocoa for that hint of chocolate.
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have made a few of these lately but I use jif powdered peanut powder. There is even a chocolate variety and much easier on calories and easier to measure in my opinion.
  • vxCricketxv
    vxCricketxv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    throw in a big handful of spinach - you'll never know it was there except for the nice green color

Yes! Coincidentally, had this for lunch the first time today! The peanut butter out flavors everything. Color threw me off every sip! :)
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am going to try a peanut butter and banana shake tommorow morning for breakfast. So far I have milk, 1 banana and almond milk - is there anything else anyone would recommend adding?

2 cups spinach
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    powdered peanut butter is an awesome way to get peanut butter in your day without all the calories and fat in regular peanut butter. I actually found a grocery store near me that carries it, and it's a great source of protein too. I use it in my smoothies with a banana and chocolate milk :)
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with the PB2 suggestions! It's fantastic stuff. <3
  • allycat1010
    allycat1010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do 1 1/2 cup water, 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk, small frozen banana, 2tsp all natural PB, chocolate protein powder. So yummy!!! You can also do low fat Choc milk instead of almond milk
  • Vide0dr0ne82
    Vide0dr0ne82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make these almost everyday. You should switch to peanut butter powder. You can get it at most grocery stores. Same amount of protein and 85% less fat!