So far, so good

Options
LexieCatSJ
LexieCatSJ Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I joined a little over three weeks ago, and since then have lost 4.6 pounds--pretty close to my overall goal of about five pounds/month. I've lost about 10 pounds total, since I started a bit before joining MFP, and I have about another 20 to go to be pretty close to where I want to be. A little over 20 years ago I lost 60 pounds over the course of a year, but over the last 10 years it's slowly crept up and I regained 30. Back when I lost all that weight before, I recorded everything I ate and counted calories/fat, and it seems to be a good, workable pace for me.

I'm working on the food thing first, but I definitely need to up my activity level--for a few reasons, weight loss being only one of them. Now that it's getting warmer I want to start walking.

Incidentally, one of my motivators this time was a physical exam that showed my fasting blood sugar was in the "pre-diabetes" range of 103. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my second child, so I know I'm at elevated risk--and knowing several people who have died/become disabled as a result of diabetes, I do NOT wanna go there! I bought a blood glucose monitor, and for the past week or so my fasting bg level has been between 75 and 85. Happy about that!!

I'm 59 (60 this year), 5'7" and currently a svelte-er 167.8. :smile:

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice work! 5 pounds a month seems like a very attainable goal. And so great of you to come back to it after gaining only half back! So many of us don't get back on track until it's all come back and possibly plus some!
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! You're going to love walking outside in the nice weather. Not only is it good for you physically, but it's also mentally refreshing.