NSV

Options
Hi I've never posted anything before but tonight I want to shout from the roof tops that I've just ran ( well slowly jogged!!) for 20 mins non stop. I'm doing c25k and 5 weeks ago I couldn't run for 90 seconds without feeling like I might die!! Just completed week 5 run 3

Replies

• PinkyPurple123
    PinkyPurple123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Keep up the great work and keep us posted :) x
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is AWESOME!!!
  • lbeddoe890
    lbeddoe890 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank u!
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    C25K is an amazing app!

I did it last June and went from never running anywhere in 52 years, to running 5ks. I can't wait for the weather to improve so I can get back to doing real races!

I've been working on improving my time on the treadmill. My first race I did 59 minutes and 57 seconds. The last time I was in a race I did 50:50. I just couldn't get under 50 minutes! Now I can do 45:30 on the treadmill.

I know my times are slow compared to the rest of the running world, but for me it seems like I am flying!

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to a new post from you soon that says, "I did it, I ran the whole 5k without stopping!"

• lbeddoe890
    Options
    Just an update. ..I'm so proud to say I completed my first ever 5k race this morning in 43 minutes...( walked only for about 4 mins)....I am absoloutely spent but I'm on cloud 9!!!!! Thank you for your encouraging messages!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! Well done!
  • lbeddoe890
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I'm currently at the 'can't run for 90 seconds' phase. Lol I really hope I can be where you are soon. Congrats on your success!
  • lbeddoe890
    Options
    Thank you I'm thrilled to bits...I never ever thought I would complete a 5k...I literally would feel like passing out / vomiting when I first started c25k but my ( marathon running !) cousin told me to REALLY slow down the pace and just keep at it...I'm not saying I find it easy now but week on week I found my self thinking I could probably have jogged on a little bit more after "the voice on my phone" told me to stop rather than being desperate for her to say "slow down to a walk" but I stuck with the plan!!! Now to work on getting my time down...Good luck - I would love to hear how you get on!!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I can't even jog for very long so that is quite an accomplishment for you. Yay way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!