Keto Diet

Options
Hi everybody! I am new. I am interested in starting a keto diet. I am stuck in what recipes I should do. Any ideas?

Replies

• BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Go to Keto-Calculator first.. that's great. You type in all your info and they help you decide on what percentages of fat protein carbs etc you need..
    Then with recipes.. type Keto recipes in google and you'll find a wealth of info! Also Aktins Induction recipes as they are aimed at putting you in ketosis.. most Paleo recipes are generally low carb..
    I guess summing up though it's really just a case of high fat meat, fish, eggs, cream, cheese, good cooking fats, and some low carb veggies and salad. Avoid anything with added sugar, check the carb content of every label, and avoid the starchy veg and most fruit (berries can be okay, but still highish carb for your allowance)
    Keep it simple to begin with, just fry some fish/meat in good fat... serve your veg with some melted butter over the top etc.
    Good Luck!x
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • kirbyderb71
    kirbyderb71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started 5 days ago and it was an easy transition. Ive done atkins in the past and had horrible induction flu. This time I drank a lot of water with mio water enhancer with electrolites and barely even got a headache. I started with a 2 day fat fast that put me in ketosis very quickly. I am loving this program...so much easier than atkins because I don't have cravings. In fact I'm having trouble eating ENOUGH food to meet my ratios. Fat bombs are the best! Good luck!