Can someone please help?

Options
Hi All

A little bit about myself. 150cm short, 36 years old, sw: 70.5kgs. I have basically been overweight since I hit puberty. My job is heavily sedentary. I have been on the weight loss wagon many times but would lose steam very soon and give up. Anyway, on the 1st week of March, after having a lot of health issues and prediabetes, I started to track my calories on MFP. I also started walking about 4-5 kms a day and soon started hitting the 12000 steps a day. Through March, the weight steadily fell off and I reached 68.4 kg by 1st of April.
At that point I felt able to do more and started the c25k program. I saw a sudden drop in weight in the first week after TOM but my weight has remained pretty much stationary since then. For the last 3 weeks, it seems to be oscillating between 67 and 67.5. I am tracking my claories and if anything, I have only increased my activity levels.
Am I doing anything wrong? To be honest, I am getting a little desperate. My diary is open and any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    First of all, 3 weeks isn't that long for a stall. While it is frustrating, it isn't time to get desperate yet. Also, starting a new exercise regime can cause water retention while your muscles repair, which can mask fat loss.

That being said, stalls are a good time to look at your logging and see where it can be tightened up. Are the homemade entries in your diary ones that you entered, or did you pick them out of the database? It isn't a good idea to use someone else's homemade entries, as you have no idea what ingredients they have put in, how they cooked it, or if their entry is even remotely accurate.

I see a mix of mostly measurements (cups and spoons) and some weights. Are you weighing your food on a food scale? Weighing as much as possible is the best way to accurately track your intake.
  • sadhanagopal
    sadhanagopal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mirrim! I do use a digital food scale but find it difficult to get accurate calorie count for Indian food :smile:
    I try to be as accurate as possible in my measuring but am not quite sure how to do the calorie count for a primarily south indian diet.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If you are cooking at home, you can use the recipe builder.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mirrim! I do use a digital food scale but find it difficult to get accurate calorie count for Indian food :smile:
    I try to be as accurate as possible in my measuring but am not quite sure how to do the calorie count for a primarily south indian diet.

Do you prepare the meals yourself? If so, MFP has a recipe builder function.
  • sadhanagopal
    sadhanagopal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ahh!! This, I didn't know. I do cook 99% of my meals myself..thanks!