1200 calories to loss 1.5lb a week help I done 2 days no where near !

Options
Hi anyone have any tips I want get back in my jeans am 10 st 2 and want lose a stone get back 9 st and get rid muffin top and back fat more about getting in jeans than weight! I'm terrible at exercise is goal to attempt and tone as more problem generally slim but not fit at all. 1200 calories seeming very hard! Help recipes ideas be great. Thanks in UK.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot to lose, so 1.5 per week is likely too aggressive. You may want to slow your goal to 1 pound or less per week and see what calories you are given. It should be higher.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    With only sixteen pounds to lose, a pound and a half a week is going to be too aggressive. Set your goal to half a pound a week, which will give you more calories, log as accurately as possible, and add in a progressive strength training program to focus the weight loss more on fat.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't that hard, depending on what you like to eat and when. My tips would be:

- avoid drinking your calories. Switch to water, or water with a dash of lemon, for as much of the day as possible, or fruit teas, or black coffee.
    - Have a go to light snack for when you just want to eat. I use Itsu seaweed thins (24 cals per pack) or something like pickles chillies or gherkins.
    - Make sure that you pick one meal a day to be light, whichever suits you best. This gives you a better balance for your main meal.
    - Find those "filler" foods. The ones that fill you up without too many calories. For me Brussels, celery, radishes all work well.
    - I chose to cut back on pasta and rice and those were staples but easy for me to overdose on. You might have something similar - a sort of trigger food.
    - strong tastes work well to psychologically fill you up more quickly. You can eat more slowly and with water because the taste lasts. Hot sauce is a winner!
  • ch1128
    ch1128 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've found replacing snacks during the day with water has helped and have filling foods for mealtimes. Have a look at the slimming world 'speed' foods and the weight watchers healthy food sheets for ideas..You can find them pretty easily via Google or pinterest
  • EmilyD249
    EmilyD249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Brilliant thanks great tips I try that brought some lemons today and will cut milk from coffee. No I know not alot lose but dont want take 4 montgs lose it either want get in my jeans/shirts again for summer
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Usually I weigh A bunch of vegetables and roast them with a lid and a bit of water in the pan. Just plain with spices. Then I use them throughout the day for snacks and in my meals. Veggies fill me up.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You are setting yourself up to fail... But to each their own I guess... You will lose fat and muscles, feel bad and hungry and irritable (it's a big deficit and you seem to not be able to handle 1200)... also if you manage to do it for long enough to get to your goal the moment you get back to your old habits the weight is coming back. This is supposed to take longer to teach you how to eat differently. This isn't supposed to be a diet, it's a change of life. Also, you can't spot reduce... So weight will come of some place, not from where you want it most usually.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    EmilyD249 wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks great tips I try that brought some lemons today and will cut milk from coffee. No I know not alot lose but dont want take 4 montgs lose it either want get in my jeans/shirts again for summer

It's much safer to go slower... A too aggressive deficit can lead to burnout and binging. You said you want to look 'toned'? For this you'll need to go slower to minimize muscle loss.

Lemons are tasty, but don't do anything weight loss wise. Great in tea!

lemons in water actually damage the enamel in your teeth esp when drank everyday.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    You are setting yourself up to fail... But to each their own I guess... You will lose fat and muscles, feel bad and hungry and irritable (it's a big deficit and you seem to not be able to handle 1200)... also if you manage to do it for long enough to get to your goal the moment you get back to your old habits the weight is coming back. This is supposed to take longer to teach you how to eat differently. This isn't supposed to be a diet, it's a change of life. Also, you can't spot reduce... So weight will come of some place, not from where you want it most usually.

I agree with this. Before someone comes in to remove this post because telling the truth is somehow seen as unhelpful lately.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

With only 16 pounds to lose, change your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 pound per week.

Scooby says the # 1 reason people fail to lose weight is having overly aggressive goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOjsmqo1x8k
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You need to change your mindset about exercise. If you want success, you really should be exercising. You have very little weight to lose, and the idea of eating so few calories to get there is pretty miserable.

The way to become UNterrible at working out is to get busy working out.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You need to change your mindset about exercise. If you want success, you really should be exercising. You have very little weight to lose, and the idea of eating so few calories to get there is pretty miserable.

The way to become UNterrible at working out is to get busy working out.

@AmandaHugginkiss why does the OP have to exercise?????

how does that guarantee success?
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on your stats. I'm 5'1 with 25 more lbs to lose and I'm not miserable on 1200 cals, but people who are taller have said they have to have more.
    You are setting yourself up to fail... But to each their own I guess... You will lose fat and muscles, feel bad and hungry and irritable (it's a big deficit and you seem to not be able to handle 1200)... also if you manage to do it for long enough to get to your goal the moment you get back to your old habits the weight is coming back.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree that 1.5lbs is a little aggressive. Especially if it makes you feel miserable. Maybe try 1400 calories. An extra 200 doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it's the difference between hangry and tolerable. Try to eat a crap ton of veggies and lean meat. They will fill you up but not use up all of your calories. This way you can still have some treats like chocolate and beer occasionally. When a limit is too hard to stick with, you can adjust it.
  • EmilyD249
    Options
    I expected some criticism always a few trouble writing few words not life story, I'm not miserable or hungry was just struggling ideas healthy ideas and with help for meals and have actually replied saying is life changes aswell and am aware exercise will tone not low calories do intend exercise too but if it was not possible or too unhealthy why would the app allow it? I not exercised properly years so need make muscles. Ultimately wanted positive support too. Thank you all for help and advice.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on your stats. I'm 5'1 with 25 more lbs to lose and I'm not miserable on 1200 cals, but people who are taller have said they have to have more.
    You are setting yourself up to fail... But to each their own I guess... You will lose fat and muscles, feel bad and hungry and irritable (it's a big deficit and you seem to not be able to handle 1200)... also if you manage to do it for long enough to get to your goal the moment you get back to your old habits the weight is coming back.

@tiffanifair I'm not saying that everyone is... I am myself at 1200... but I am 5'2 and healthy weight already (BMI 24)... however OP is at 1200 with a higher deficit that's making HER miserable and she claims not to be able to do it (says so in post title.)
  • EmilyD249
    Options
    You miss interpret me to literally, I new started and on adding my diary 3 days in was shocked how over I was am learning wanted more advice as seemed hard.. I am under today though.
  • EmilyD249
    Options
    Where did I say I'm Miserable
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    Options
    Where did I say I'm Miserable

It's the general vibe you give out and also you said 1200 is too hard and you were 'no where near' being able to do it. Also try using more punctuation in your writing because it's hard to understand what you are trying to say.