What is one thing or more that you don't bother tracking calories

Options
Is there any food item that is a "freebie" for you that you never track and still have been successful with your weight loss? For me it would be coffee but I do add the creamer. Just curious ;)

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • sazzyb_
    sazzyb_ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Coffee (I just have it black), fry light & Franks hot sauce... but that's about it! :)
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    One reason to track coffee is for the potassium. I use to no be able to get enough potassium in a 1800 calorie diet. When I started tracking coffee, I discovered I was close to getting it. I just need to add a small sweet potato to my daily menu.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I use a splash of whole milk in my coffee; I don't track that.
    I also have a Hershey's kiss before bedtime (22 cal.); I don't track that, either.
    Otherwise, I track.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Cave_Goose wrote: »
    One reason to track coffee is for the potassium. I use to no be able to get enough potassium in a 1800 calorie diet. When I started tracking coffee, I discovered I was close to getting it. I just need to add a small sweet potato to my daily menu.

Very interesting! I didn't realize that. Thanks for sharing!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    So I use to not track creamer in my coffee. I figured it was only a "few" calories. Then one day I looked at my Italian Sweet Cream creamer. I was throwing in 105 calories of creamer per cup of coffee, and drinking 4-5 cups of coffee per day.

525 empty calories per day that I hadn't been tracking for more than a year!!!!

Now I track everything, and I drink my coffee black.

I know exactly what you mean. I was like that before as well and realized that it all adds up and so quickly too!!

• Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Water.

Yep!! :smiley:

• Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    I also used to not count some veggies such as the lettuce in a bag for 15 calories but that also adds up. I figure if cows get fat eating grass, I can gain weight from eating veggies
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    So I use to not track creamer in my coffee. I figured it was only a "few" calories. Then one day I looked at my Italian Sweet Cream creamer. I was throwing in 105 calories of creamer per cup of coffee, and drinking 4-5 cups of coffee per day.

525 empty calories per day that I hadn't been tracking for more than a year!!!!

Now I track everything, and I drink my coffee black.

Yes. Coffee creamer is the devil. When I started measuring all of my foods, I realized that my "splash" of creamer was a LOT of calories. Now I usually limit it to 2 tablespoons, which means only one large cup of coffee per day for me. I'd rather use those other calories for solid food.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Plain popcorn - If I feel the need to split hairs, I'll log it, but it's a waste of time, otherwise. Unless I go for a whole bag. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Coffee and tea.

I don't track most spices because they are blends and I honestly have no idea if they even have calories (I'll track cinnamon though).

The mustard I use has 1 calorie per gram so yeah, I track it.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty haphazard with logging salad stuff, often resorting to a generic side salad or 2 cups of shredded etc. But to be realistic, I guess that even if I was logging a1/4 of the lettuce I ate it would still be pretty minimal.

Probably the most significant thing that I don't log is the milk in my tea. I drink coffee black but have one or two white teas per day. i guess I'm under reporting by 20 to 30 cals per day?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Coffee, diet soda, tea, garlic, sriacha
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies I do not track. I would have to eat buckets and buckets of veggies for it to make a big diff.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Fish oil capsules.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Coffee (unless I have any kind of sweetener or flavor in it. Usually I take it black)
    Also cooking oils. My use of them is so minimal and so few and far between, and most of the oil is left in the pan after I'm done. how are you even supposed to measure that? Not weighing it before and after. No thanks.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don't log most vegetables because I eat more if I dont them. I log butter or cheese if I use it for taste. Hasn't seemed to mess me up. If I can get myself to a place where I eat a lot of them I will log.