Looking for supportive friends

Options
My name is Leila and I just had a baby. I was sick the whole pregnancy and after I started binge eating.. So now I'm 5'6" and weigh 258.. My goal is to log everyday for a month. I just need motivation!

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That is a great goal to start with. I've advised some of my friends when they just start to set a maintenance weight goal and eat whatever they normally eat, but to log EVERYTHING. It's a great tool to see where you are starting from, and will give you a crash course in nutrition.

Pay attention to the macros as well as the calories, it will make a difference over the long haul.

Log EVERYTHING, even the awful days. Believe me, it will help you get back on track. MFP even has alot of restaurant menus now, which has been very helpful at times. Even if you aren't sure, select Quick Add Calories and add something: this will always be more accurate than adding nothing.

Remember to use the barcode scanner, it really streamlines things. Also, if you eat the same meals frequently, save those foods as meals. It will make logging them much easier.

Once you have a good handle on things, and are ready for change, set a reasonable short-term goal that comes with a calorie total you can live with and sustain to ensure longevity.

I recommend a good digital scale that measures grams as well as ounces. Mine was 12 bucks on Amazon.

Finally, you've made a huge change just by joining. Good for you! You will get a ton of support here. Remember, however, that at the end of it, this is for YOU. Own it! Don't compare yourself to others. We all have our own struggles and victories, and everyone's journey is different.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila! Just added you :)
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always good to have new friends!
  • rosesteph
    rosesteph Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!!
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love more friends, feel free to add me too.
  • cookie62877
    cookie62877 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me too!! I just started today!