What is one thing or more that you don't bother tracking calories

Options

Replies

• Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce/mustard/gum/spices/salt/coffee(I do log the creamer)/diet soda/anything with no calories.

If it's basically free of calories and macros, I don't bother.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Butter usually for me. I only use 1/2 tbsp when cooking so I don't track it all the time. I keep in mind how many calories though.

This past weekend I stopped tracking Saturday night all through Sunday. I made a few bad food choices and didn't feel like tracking them. I will do that on weekends since those are my cheat days usually. Always back on track on Monday. :)
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Butter usually for me. I only use 1/2 tbsp when cooking so I don't track it all the time. I keep in mind how many calories though.

This past weekend I stopped tracking Saturday night all through Sunday. I made a few bad food choices and didn't feel like tracking them. I will do that on weekends since those are my cheat days usually. Always back on track on Monday. :)

Glad I'm not alone :smile: back at it today though but feel like I overdid it too much and especially yesterday
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Licorice, I don't normally eat a full serving and I eat it so sporadically that I don't bother to count it and I do it guilt free. Which is very hard to accomplish.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I track it. If it doesn't, I don't.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Vinegar
    Lemon juice
    Hot sauce
    Mustard
    Spices
    Ginger
    Garlic
    Lettucy type greens

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Coffee, mustard, tea, gum, flavor packets for water, any sort of spices or seasonings (like, If I mix up a batch of taco meat with taco seasoning, which has calories, I still don't log the seasonings). I also over-log some things throughout the day, just to make sure I'm covered, so it seems to balance out. I lose 2 pounds a week just fine.

a side note- I don't typically eat ALL of those things in one day. If I did, I actually would log them.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Carrots. I love them. I eat a lot of them. Lost the weight I needed to and have maintained for over three years. Lots and lots of carrots. Not logging them is a secret little gift I give myself. But not a secret any more.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Carrots. I love them. I eat a lot of them. Lost the weight I needed to and have maintained for over three years. Lots and lots of carrots. Not logging them is a secret little gift I give myself. But not a secret any more.

Haha not a secret anymore...love it ;-)
    As I'm eating baby carrots and snap peas right now and not tracking. I mean good grief. If we seriously need to track veggies, there's a problem. I sometimes just put in 30-100 calories depending on how many I eat. Congrats on losing and maintaining even without tracking your carrots! :smiley:
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Black tea and the lemon I flavor it with.
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Herbs, spices, salt and pepper, vinegar... generally anything for seasoning, I don't count any of that. Fry Light I don't usually count unless I go over 10 squirts. Basically if it's under 10 calories, I won't bother logging it.
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Calcium chews. They're about 15cals and I have one a day. I don't log them. I don't know why because I add my multivitamin/fish oil (10cals) and even breathmints (3cals each). I don't know, it's weird.
  • XSaturnsMoonX
    XSaturnsMoonX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tea I make at home doesn't get logged. Tea I get at Big Foot java with my flavor shot does. Spices I don't log, never have logged them. I always forget to log my water. I always log my "Cheat" meal on Saturday, I usually double burn off the calories since Saturday is my most active day. I'm horrible at eyeing out portions so I always grab my scale, I go over a little for the 1/4 cup of raisins for oatmeal instead of weighing it because i can pack a ton of raisins in that 1/4 cup, and I know it would be like half if I weighed it but since I make it for myself and my 2 lil'uns I overdo the raisins.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Water.

There should be an lol button so i could press it.

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I chew a few sticks of gum a day, and I don't count that.

I only every log 1 cup of black coffee, regardless of it I have 8 or 24 ounces that day. (It's usually around 16.) I do, like many people here, log any creamer or sugar that might end up in it.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Frank's Hot Sauce
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    Is there any food item that is a "freebie" for you that you never track and still have been successful with your weight loss? For me it would be coffee but I do add the creamer. Just curious ;)

I use non dairy creamer and don't always log it
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't track normal mustard, buy if its honey mustard I do. I don't always track the raw veggies in my salads, unless they are on the higher calorie side. I'm bad about tracking my iced coffee with milk but I probably should
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, plain tea, water, spices. I do log vegetables because I eat a lot of them. A LOT.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    The spritz of olive oil in my scrambled egg pan