What is one thing or more that you don't bother tracking calories

Options

Replies

• AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    black or green tea (I drink it plain without sweetener or milk)
    spices, herbs, ginger, and garlic in the recipe builder. Garlic entry is off so always adds 100s of calories incorrectly. Was correcting it til I realized it's only like 7 calories for the recipe so now I just delete it.
    I'm sloppy about logging salads and raw veggies, but do log them. Even cooked low calorie veggies (steamed plain or with salt) I eyeball (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green beans).
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    mustard, black coffee/tea, water, spices
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce.
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Because I seldom use it, I don't track ketchup. Mustard either, since its calorie count is so low. When entering recipes, I typically don't add in herbs and spices (not including salt). Other than that, I track pretty much everything.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Cave_Goose wrote: »
    One reason to track coffee is for the potassium. I use to no be able to get enough potassium in a 1800 calorie diet. When I started tracking coffee, I discovered I was close to getting it. I just need to add a small sweet potato to my daily menu.

Brewed coffee has fairly puny levels of potassium. Maybe you saw the level in the whole beans?
    https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4255?fgcd=&manu=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=35&offset=&sort=&qlookup=coffee
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Most herbs and spices, leaf lettuces/cabbage when using the leaves for wraps, wasabi horseradish blend. I don't track anything that inherently has zero calories. The only exception to that is Splenda which actually does have 3 cals a packet and why I don't use it unless there is literally no other choice. I prefer Truvia to the point where I am planning on stashing some with me on my vacation.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Water, diet soda, tea with 0 calorie sweetener added, the DaVinci 0 calorie raspberry syrup I add to my hot cocoa, mustard, hot sauce and then spices. Everything else is recorded.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Salt. I don't add it to many things at all, but when I do, I'm not sure how to measure a couple shakes.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Individual veggies. I just log that as a mixed salad and a lot of it and leave it at that.[/quote

So how many calories would you put for those?
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    Salt. I don't add it to many things at all, but when I do, I'm not sure how to measure a couple shakes.

Yeah, I don't measure any seasonings actually either and it doesn't affect my weight loss by not adding those

• Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    Water, diet soda, tea with 0 calorie sweetener added, the DaVinci 0 calorie raspberry syrup I add to my hot cocoa, mustard, hot sauce and then spices. Everything else is recorded.

Same here. If it's 0 calories, why bother right? Lol

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Mustard, Hot sauce and diet soda are the three main that I don't log. Spices are hit and miss, I have them added to some of my save meals, but in general I don't. Especially salt and pepper.
  • mrvikingman
    mrvikingman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I generally log everything. I sometimes skip things like hot sauce or if I add salt to a meal, but that's because I'm not generally that concerned about my sodium intake.
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    anything 0 cal like my mustard or stevia, sometimes I do mixed salad if I have forgotten to weigh my salad.
  • TheUwuest
    TheUwuest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Spices/seasonings. Also plain tea, water, and salt, but those are 0 calorie anyway.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Tea, water - Everything else I eat has calories no matter how little/few. When I drank coffee (I miss you creamer) I would log the coffee.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Whipped cream. It's made from rainbows and puppy kisses and thus, i rrfuse to log it. 56 pounds down, i do log absolutely everything else, and whipped cream is not had very frequently.

Love this!! It's made from rainbows and puppy kisses :smiley: I only wish though....I can go a bit whipped cream crazy and especially the spray!! Oh. So. Good!!

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    water, seasonings, garlic, mustard.
  • LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    chewing gum, tea (track the added milk though), I have weighed salad stuff before so I just use the same weights every time I track as the cal difference would be minimal, water, salt&pepper.