I've been in hiding for a few weeks, but now I am ready to introduce myself :)

Options
TammyKnizek
TammyKnizek Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! My name is Tammy. I am a 42 year old working mom who is ready to get some of this weight off and feel healthy again. Now that our kids are grown and on their own, my husband and I want to be able to go and do things while we are still young enough to do them. I am TERRIBLE at drinking water. I am a full on Diet Dr. Pepper addict (insert sad face here). It isn't easy trying to be good when all you want is that fattening, but AWESOME tasting fried food! (insert tummy growl) We live in Seminole, OK. If anyone is looking for an accountability partner then I would love to help you, and you can help me. Lord knows I need all the help I can get! LOL I look forward to meeting you :)

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club Tammy. I was horrible with water intake, and I drank...Just one.. Pepsi a day. I still have a small soda on movie date nights, but generally split it with my baby. I got a water drinking app to help me along the way. It's becoming a habit... and my skin looks better. I'm 43 and in better shape now than I was in my 30's, but still have work to do. Add me if you would like.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Being here is a good step....just keeping putting in the effort. It really comes down to how badly you want it. We all struggle with it. Add me if you like! Good luck!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The best thing you will realize is you can still have anything but limit it!!! That is the biggest thing I learned, and once I understood that I started to lose weight. I love sugary drinks but now I have one if I earned it by exercising and it fits under cals! You will look forward to your Dr Pepper even more if you just have one a day! I love junk food myself and I am real about food, I will add you!!!
  • cdplatz
    cdplatz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy! My fiancé and I just Started a few weeks ago too. we are all in now and so far so good! Add me if you want another support couple. Thanks!
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the soda addiction. I used to drink only diet coke the only water I got was from the ice cubes :smile: ... I still drink my diet soda every day but, I start my day off with water until lunch time and then I switch over. Is it where I want to be - No. But, it's better than where I was and my heart burn is gone.