and don't you dare say celery...

Options
What is your favorite guilt-less snack??
Hello!! I'm looking for high protein snack ideas at approximately <200 calories, that I could incorporate into my daily meal planning. Currently, my favorite is a half portion of the Speical K Multigrain crackers (thats 12 crackers at 60 calories) and 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese (70 calories). I'm rarely ever close to meeting my fat intake limit, so I'm not worried about that so much as something high in protein which I am typically under on. I'm also not big into protein supplements, I'd rather savor every bite of calories I get in a day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg is one of my favorite filling snacks... and low carb! Eggs are also super nutritious...
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really like the Triscuit Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil with a slice of sharp cheddar and a slice of lunch meat. Probably right around 200 calories.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love raw almonds! (Admittedly it's summer so I can buy them from the local Farmer's Market!). 1/4 cup (or about 28 g) is 160 calories, 6 g of carbohydrates, 14 g of fat, 6 g protein, 0 cholesterol, and (if raw) 0 sodium. This is my absolute favorite post-workout snack or a hold-over between meals. (Plus it can be mixed with fruit and yogurt to make a higher calorie snack when needed!) Keep in mind it's a healthy nut so those 14 g of fat are mostly good fats!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Fat free Philly strawberry cream cheese and Zesta whole wheat crackers.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips are 27 chips at 110 calories. Cures my chip cravings. :)

Plain greek yogurt with Hidden Valley Harvest Dill dry mix for an awesome low cal veggie dip. Good protein source too.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    string cheese, almonds, peanut butter/other nut butters, cottage cheese!
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg is one of my favorite filling snacks... and low carb! Eggs are also super nutritious...

I agree, and I also like to keep string cheese on hand for a quick and easy snack. :-)
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    Nut thin crackers and low fat cottage cheese. Blue diamond makes thee crackers, they are rice/almond cracker. nice and crisp.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

I agree, and I also like to keep string cheese on hand for a quick and easy snack. :-)

Eggs & Cheese... hard to beat :)
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I LOVE natural almond butter in my oatmeal. For a snack, I have become addicted to Greek yogurt with fresh berries, lots of protein plus fiber. It keeps me full for hours:)
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    fruit and dried fruit is my treat..... just coz its yummy and sweet :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I love raw almonds! (Admittedly it's summer so I can buy them from the local Farmer's Market!). 1/4 cup (or about 28 g) is 160 calories, 6 g of carbohydrates, 14 g of fat, 6 g protein, 0 cholesterol, and (if raw) 0 sodium. This is my absolute favorite post-workout snack or a hold-over between meals. (Plus it can be mixed with fruit and yogurt to make a higher calorie snack when needed!) Keep in mind it's a healthy nut so those 14 g of fat are mostly good fats!

This...and I like to have em with a little yogurt or cottage cheese (cottage cheese is better for protein, but higher in sodium).
  • lisapickering
    Options
    A can of tuna!! Only 160 calories + 15g of protein! Yummy!!
  • stinabear13
    Options
    oh good lord those triscuts she mentioned like that are really good, i used to have them with cheese and summer sausage on them but that could be too much fat now. eggs are great idea too. cottage cheese with fruit is good. tuna is great, and also beef jerky!! but you may have a hard time finding one without too much salt, a health food place might carry one with less salt.. peanut butter is also good when i was working out pb on 1 mini bagel after workouts filled me up and had me lasting until dinner time
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like a high fiber mini banana muffin and 1 tsp of organic peanut butter. I also like to mix peanuts or almonds with a few dark chocolate covered raisins.
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds 150 calories per ounce (about 28 almonds). Protein and takes care of the sweet tooth too!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt.

10 calories per ounce. I love that if I have 100 calories left I get TEN ounces of this stuff. Soooo good. Goes with EVERYTHING.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Celery...:wink:
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn bags, Laughing cowcheese with a couple of Wasa Rye Crispbreads.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Baba ganouj (or hummus) with baby carrots. Could eat this all day long... :-)