TTC Community Anyone? Friends wanted!

Options
Hi I'm 23, married, and in the military. My husband and I have been trying for about 2 years now with no luck. My husband is extremely fit, but I am way over my weight for my height. I haven't always been this way but the stress of TTC has took it's toll. Military life is stressful enough, but all I want is a baby plus I have never been on birth control in my life. Trying to loose about 40 lbs. Current weight is 189 use to weigh 135 2 years ago when I started this journey. I would appreciate the support of those who are going through something similar. Thanks guys!!!! Baby dust :)

Replies

• SabrinaBergman
    SabrinaBergman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Make small changes and add to them so it doesn't feel like such a huge change. Find ways to incorporate things you enjoy into your new lifestyle. Feel free to add me!
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    TTC as well. I'm trying to set myself up for a healthy, active pregnancy. Maintaining my weight, but I started tracking again when we started TTC as I realize that trying and then hopefully pregnancy itself could easily cause me to get of track with the healthy habits I have formed. Feel free to add me.
  • Take73
    Take73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you can do it - just keep your goal in sight! I'm trying to get my diet in order before ttc at the end of the summer. Anyone else ttc, feel free to add me!
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am trying to conceive as well. Currently using mfp to lose some weight and track my progress. We plan to really start trying this summer so good luck to us. I actually did get pregnant last October but sadly miscarried. I have PCOS as well so weight loss is a must. Would love some buddies as well. Feel free to add me!
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    HI!

We are quietly TTC (not telling people IRL) and I was in maintenance mode prior to gaining some weight at the end of the year. Currently trying to re-lose that last 10-15 pounds while TTC. Has anyone seen that actively trying to lose weight has affected their fertility?

Feel free to add me!
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ttc as well but baby # 2 for 2 years
  • tracyann1983
    tracyann1983 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm 32 ttc with my husband i had a miscarriage earlier this year and my doctor said the primary reason was probably my weight. I know he's right. I have to lose 90 pounds before my doc thinks it's safe so that's what I'm going to do. :D
  • mandamoxie
    mandamoxie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, and my fiance and I are TTC. I'm currently 250 lbs, and have had very irregular periods since the age of 16 (usually going 3-6 months without; currently going 1 year without). My doctor referred me to an OB-GYN to make sure I don't have any thyroid or endocrine problems causing my terribly irregular periods. I'm seeing the OB on Wednesday, but I'm also working to lose some weight because I know that alone could help me out a lot. I've tried losing weight on and off throughout the years, but wanting to start a family is giving me extra motivation. I also want to lose the weight and keep healthy in hopes that once I do get pregnant, I'll be low-risk. There's a midwife-lead birth center I want to go to for my prenatal care and birthing, but they only take low-risk women.
  • KristyMichelle92
    KristyMichelle92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight to conceive too. I have PCOS, so it makes it so hard to lose weight and super easy to gain it. I am taking birth control until I can lose a little more weight, because with PCOS the higher your weight the more likely you are to have a problem. Plus I didn't have periods until I got on the birth control, because of how overweight that I was.