Italian Restaurant - which would you get?

Options
sbl1881
sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Going to a small italian restaurant tomorrow for dinner and it has a small menu. I don't like the pasta with red sauce option, and the chicken is only chicken parm. The fish doesn't sound good either.

So, I was thinking either handkerchief pasta with pesto, parmesan and olive oil or the margherita neopolitan pizza. I think it's thats a type of thin crust. The pasts will be higher fat, but both are relatively healthy.

What would you get??

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd go for the margherita pizza. Thin crust, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil and a drizzle of olive oil (if they're doing it right).
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Pasta with pesto.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Margherita neopolitan pizza -- that's my vote. Although the handkerchief pasta with pesto would be good too.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Pizza is always the answer.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a pesto pasta person, but pizza would be good, too.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would get the pizza.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'd call ahead and see if they can make the chicken or fish without whatever sauce (or whatever) you don't want.

Maybe they can make plain chicken or fish with pesto sauce. Or grilled (instead of breaded and fried) chicken parm.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    One piece of pizza and a large salad.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    Going to a small italian restaurant tomorrow for dinner and it has a small menu. I don't like the pasta with red sauce option, and the chicken is only chicken parm. The fish doesn't sound good either.

So, I was thinking either handkerchief pasta with pesto, parmesan and olive oil or the margherita neopolitan pizza. I think it's thats a type of thin crust. The pasts will be higher fat, but both are relatively healthy.

What would you get??

I would get the pesto pasta and ask them to add shrimp or chicken and then order veggies on the side as well. A small salad, easy on the bread, and a glass of pinot Grigio. Take half of the pasta home for lunch the next day.

Pretty much my standard meal at an Italian restaurant or when I'm making pasta at home.

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I would get a salad and veggies if possible. Are you going with someone who is getting a pizza and you could just eat a slice or two? If it's thin crust it may not be that bad, although there's a lot of sodium in all of it too so you have to factor that in.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'd google nutrition for both of them and decide then. You won't find the exact values for that restaurant, but it would be in the ballpark.