What Are You Eating?

Options
I've only just started to build up a friends list and it's really interesting to see what everyone is eating ? So varied . From (what I'd consider) good healthy wholesome foods , to supplements, or herbalife. I have to say I've tired it and I didn't get on with it, wasn't for me. I gain a lot more satisfaction and enjoyment in eating real foods. But it's great to see what people are eating and gain some ideas :)

Replies

• kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea I never considered to be an option until a few weeks ago. A Broccoli sandwich. Ciabatta or whole wheat bread. Broccoli steamed in a bit of garlic and some melted Motzarella over. Delish! Other than that I've been making lots of salads and wraps with different meat or fish options.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    How did you know I was eating? Do you have spyware installed on my computer? :/
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    And if I tell you what I'm eating, are you going to want some? 'Cuz I've already weighed it and logged it, and I'm d**n well going to eat it. all. myself.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of foods and do not do meal replacement shakes or supplements. The last thing I ate was an orange.
    My diary is public. I post my monthly dinner menu and recipes on my blog. https://lounmoun.wordpress.com/
  • MissWonderWoman81
    MissWonderWoman81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How did you know I was eating? Do you have spyware installed on my computer? :/

Emm are you alright there Lynn? Lol
  • MissWonderWoman81
    MissWonderWoman81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I eat a variety of foods and do not do meal replacement shakes or supplements. The last thing I ate was an orange.
    My diary is public. I post my monthly dinner menu and recipes on my blog. https://lounmoun.wordpress.com/

That's great, thanks for sharing :)
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had buffalo cauliflower with light ranch and a grilled chicken breast for lunch! My diary is public if you'd like to add me!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm eating potato chips (GASP) that went well with the roast beef wrap I made. I only have them 2 or 3 times a year, though, when I'm in the mood. I believe in moderation of all foods.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I just finished some lentil soup and a big cabbage salad with thousand island dressing.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just had a small handful of BACORN! Local shop makes caramel corn with bits of bacon in it. A co-worker brought it in for the office. I regret nothing! For lunch, tho, I'm having a hot Italian sausage link with a bit of marinara over half a plain baked potato. Quite tasty, indeed.
  • SFCStank
    SFCStank Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat what pleases me. I just stay below my caloric level.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    For lunch today I had roast beef and mustard on an English Muffin, with watermelon and yogurt for dessert. Yummers!! Tonight is a chicken thing - I think its a stir fry with red peppers and sugar snap peas. I will have mine with couscous, and hubby will get some roasted sweet/white potato sticks. Tonight, I may snack on cracker chips, or popcorn, depending on how energetic I feel after dinner. Maybe a glass of wine on the deck at sunset.......
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Vans buckwheat waffles, Tillamook greek yogurt, red grapefruit, Red Mills granola with walnuts and almond milk with a drizzle of honey (my favorite)
    lunch- Wasa crispbread with Oscar Mayer natural turkey and fresh spinach pressed into the wasa bread by way of wee brie (as the glue)
    wild rice saute'ed in 1 tsp oil, 1 oz kelbasa and spices. Then add zucchini or Shitake' mushrooms. Sometimes I omit the 1 oz of cut up kelbasa, and lay a thawed piece of tilapia fillet over the rice and steam it, stirring in some fresh spinach and sprinkling it with a tsp of Parmesan cheese.
    Dinner- 100 g of baby carrots boiled until tender, drain then add 1 tsp light margarine, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/4 cup of walnuts. Sweet!

I try to keep meals simple and look at what carbs, what protein and then whatever veggie to add with it.
    I eat a snack a night, either smart popcorn, walnuts, prunes, grapefruit, coffee, or a granola or protein bar.
    Have fun is the main thing! Keep in mind that the key ingredient in food preparation is your MOOD. :-)
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of foods (open journal - feel free to add me). I generally eat the same thing over and over once I find something I like. I food jag a lot :wink:

I really enjoy my egg whites, chicken, elk, bison and other leaner proteins & I have a protein lava cake every day with chocolate chips.. (A day without cake is a day I don't wanna live!!) and I also make a lot of wraps, pitas and sandwiches. I made a killer chicken club pita for lunch today with green salad and garden veggies on the side .... That said, I also really love cookies, ice cream and fast food - as long as I stick to my macros/calories and keep a deficit, I'm a happy camper!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I had chicken pie for dinner. Homemade, of course.
  • stretchingreality
    stretchingreality Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Vegan food!!!! Super healthy and creative
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat really plain compared to most people im afraid. I'm picky. So when i find a food i like i tend to stick to it without much fuss.

Breakfast: Cereal or Eggs (mostly) with a type of fruit.
    Snack: Some sort of snack bar, granola/multi grain fruit bar
    Lunch: Sandwich -- i enjoy my PB and J and i have some kind of veggie OR soup OR hard boiled eggs
    Snack: Mixed Nuts/fruit/veggies or again a type of snack bar
    Dinner: This is completely whatever, but in general, it's a piece of meat, veggie and some sort of starch (mash potatoes)
    Snack: Depends if i want one. Chocolate Milk or something sweet, normally.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I've continued to eat all the foods I like, just less of them. A typical week for me includes eating fast food 2-4 times, sweet stuff like cookies, snacky stuff like pretzels, diet soda, white/brown rice, bread (different kinds), lots of oats, walnuts, one meal of fish, canned chicken, veggies and then a small amount of fruit (usually bananas in my oats).

I haven't cut out anything, and I've lost the extra weight and have been maintaining for several years now.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I had dental surgery last week and while most of the stitches came out yesterday, I'm still on soft and liquid. So, yeah, today I've had nonfat Greek yogurt, apple sauce, an Ensure drink and a V8. I'm planning an exciting dinner of turkey meatloaf and boiled zucchini. :(