What are some of your pet peeves?

Options
JenniferSchaffer1
JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
Here are some of mine;
If the doors in my bedroom are open at night Nope no way they must be closed or I can't sleep.

My sheets and blankets on my bed have to be done just right if not a redo them. My hubby hates this.

When people don't pick up after themselves.

When you go to an all you can eat buffet and people think they have to load their plate up until food is almost failing off. I mean hello it's all you can eat!
Then when leaving said buffet person is so full they almost have to crawl out because they have stuffed themselves so full all they want to do is go home and sleep. EWWWWWW
(But who I am I to judge I was once this person before changing my eating habits)

When people try to make themselves look better then they really are. Come on just be yourself!

I guess that's enough of mine I hope to hear about some of yours!

Replies

• Dargrohm
    Dargrohm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People parking so close you have to turn sideways to get in.

This one's weird, but I don't like people touching my cheese. lol Like, it's okay if they barely touch it for just a second, but if they actually hold it for a few seconds and use more than two fingers, it drives me crazy, and I won't eat it. It grosses me out.

I can't stand hearing other people chew.

The toilet paper has to be "over" instead of "under".

I hate it when people tell me what they think I want to hear instead of what I NEED to hear, especially in regards to my weight. I appreciate honesty.

I hate being asked where my oldest daughter gets her red hair. I've gotten that question seriously like fifty or more times, and it gets old.

I hate when people call me ma'am. I just don't like it. I get that they're showing respect and all, but the word just sounds awful to me... like MAMogram... MAMmoth... etc. I'm weird like that when it comes to certain words.

When people at the supermarket let their toddlers crawl on the floor. It makes me crazy! All I can think of are the germs they could be picking up. I don't let my kids do that, for fear of germs...

The remote control can't be pointed at anyone in the house, and the volume on any given device can't be the same as the age of, or the number after the age of, anyone in the household. (I have ocd)

Those are just a few, but they're the main ones.

• SueBarry1
    SueBarry1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    drives me crazy when people leave the seat protector on a public toilet after they have used it, why do I have to pick up after you?
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves : people driving in the wrong lane on the highway,
    Dogs begging at the table, People that block the isle with their cart
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    To name but a few...
    People who won't move up a little so I can get in the left turn lane in time.
    People who wait until the car in front of them gets about 150' ahead before they make the turn.
    Having to wait for all the ads to show up when I open my home page before I try to click on anything or I'll open something else by mistake. Adblocker doesn't seem to help with that.
    When some sports event runs too long and shows I've set to record are screwed up.
    Preempting of regularly scheduled programming because of some stupid reality or award show.
  • Rnsmith1982
    Rnsmith1982 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What isn't a pet peeve for me? Lol. Here are a few... People who make gulping sounds when they drink liquids, people who turn the channel on the tv when it gets to the best part of the show, people who post jobs and make you jump through hoops when they already know you won't be hired, people who criticize how other people dress when they got something wrong with what they are wearing, people who always ask for money or other stuff when they have the means to provide for themselves ( my boyfriend's niece asked him for his credit card number so could buy her kids a freakin pizza and his cousin gonna ask him to buy her food and deliver it to her when she was at a place that already had food and was like" you know I don't eat much." Why you gotta eat now?) That is just the tip of the iceberg....
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    People talking to me.
  • havenmoon
    havenmoon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When any doors are left open... Mainly cabinet or closet doors.
    When people talk all during a movie and when they tell you what's going to happen b4 it does.... I hate that!
    When someone sneezes or coughs without covering their mouth! Yuck...I can't stand that nastiness!!
  • havenmoon
    havenmoon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    People talking to me.

Wow! Lls!!

• spottycarrot
    spottycarrot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Litter louts. They should be tayzored.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Indoor furniture and appliances outside
    Oblivious drivers who don't know there is anyone in the world besides themselves
    People who park their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store
    Fleece and flannel pants in public
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Chewing/crunching sounds.
    Soup slurpers.
    Grunters at the gym.
    Keyboard slammers.
    People who back into parking spaces.
    People who talk on their phone in public bathrooms.
    I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can think of right now. :smile:
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Dargrohm wrote: »

The toilet paper has to be "over" instead of "under".

PREACH.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Dargrohm wrote: »
    I hate being asked where my oldest daughter gets her red hair. I've gotten that question seriously like fifty or more times, and it gets old.

When my kids were little, I got asked this same question, but in regards to their blonde hair. Okay. Check out my profile picture, and see if you can tell where they might have gotten it =/

Weird.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Those that complain about, 1st world problems!
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    The Man Bun
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    My number one is not being able to do my job because I am waiting on you to do yours...
  • rcnashvegas
    rcnashvegas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People who get on an elevator before I get off.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Double doors with one side locked