Reached 1st goal, what should i do next ?

Options
I started dieting on 1st December 2015 and will reach my 1st wieght goal, 90 kgs, this week or by end of April. So far, I've lost a total of 14 kgs. However, after that I don't really know what my next goal should be.

I've got a few good habits, e.g. exercise 3 times a week and plan on continuing them. Since last week, i've added 2 more exercise sessions to my plan, making it 4-5 times a week with 3 cardio session of 60mins and 1-2 stregth training of 10mins if i can. I just started the strength training, so it might take a while before getting to 30+ mins lol

Any good advice on what to do next would be great. I don't really plan on getting huge muscle etc. just lose some more fat and get a little leaner.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm close to reaching my first goal as well. I've already decided that I want to lose another 15lbs once I hit my goal. When I set it, I set it for my low before I had my daughter (11yrs ago). But in this journey, I found that I'm stronger than I thought when I made my goal. So now I want to go a little lower and start doing some more strength training to get myself more fit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    sha_man029 wrote: »
    I started dieting on 1st December 2015 and will reach my 1st wieght goal, 90 kgs, this week or by end of April. So far, I've lost a total of 14 kgs. However, after that I don't really know what my next goal should be.

I've got a few good habits, e.g. exercise 3 times a week and plan on continuing them. Since last week, i've added 2 more exercise sessions to my plan, making it 4-5 times a week with 3 cardio session of 60mins and 1-2 stregth training of 10mins if i can. I just started the strength training, so it might take a while before getting to 30+ mins lol

Any good advice on what to do next would be great. I don't really plan on getting huge muscle etc. just lose some more fat and get a little leaner.

Thanks in advance :)

How tall are you?
  • sha_man029
    sha_man029 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I'll try something similar too. And maybe work my way to get more fit e.g. Improve my strength training.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    However, after that I don't really know what my next goal should be.

You say this but then seem to answer your own question when you go on to say this:
    I don't really plan on getting huge muscle etc. just lose some more fat and get a little leaner.

You seem to want to improve your body composition (the ratio of fat to muscle you have.)

Therefore:

1. Suitable calorie deficit (250 - 500 cals per day)
    2. Solid resistance training programme, 3 - 4 sessions a week
    3. Cardio according to preference and results (could be as little as none)
    4. Focus on reasonable protein intake
    5. Consistent effort