Replies

• nicholajaneryan
    nicholajaneryan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Massive amounts of broccoli - check!1qserb47lcw0.jpg
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing lots of dairy and not many raw veggies. That'd be a recipe for clogging me up in a hurry!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Massive amounts of broccoli - check!1qserb47lcw0.jpg

i wouldn't call it massive,but it's a start :smile: i love broccoli but i have the opposite problem so can't eat much. my portion is still bigger than yours though :smiley:
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Yep, not enough 'roughage' ... I noticed you have bananas on a regular basis, and what's in that caramel wafer bar you have almost daily? Try adding coleslaw to your diet, and adding in a bit more fat ... to say 30% of your calories. This could be just from adding a little good oil to your salad.

The caramel wafer bar is just a treat, old-school English chocolate bar which I used to have in my lunchbox as a kid.
    My daily treat!

Ah, like a Kit Kat! :smile: (I was curious.)
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tunnocks caramel wafer fan here! Not a lot of veg there, I'd add cauliflower or green veg and apples for good stool action ;)

Good luck!
  • tgiusto
    tgiusto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have issues with constipation, too. Try adding psyllium fiber powder if needed. Yerba Prima makes a good one. It really helps me. I also try to eat lots of fibrous veggies and whole grains like oats. That really helps me.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is any science to this or its just anecdotal, but when I first started I was super constipated, and at the suggestion of a friend started taking fish oil. I swear, it lubed things right up.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is any science to this or its just anecdotal, but when I first started I was super constipated, and at the suggestion of a friend started taking fish oil. I swear, it lubed things right up.

This is a lot more common than I realized. Before I started on MFP, I had the opposite problem. all. the. time. I thought I had IBS. When I started tracking, I was stopped up for days. After a while, things started moving again and now everything is easy predictable.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I didn't look, but a magnesium supplement and 25 grams of fiber daily along with 64 oz of water daily will make you a regular girl. You might need to lay off the morphine, too. (I never know, just saying)
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I will second the fish oil recommendation. Also, I had forgotten until pooping TWICE this morning about the guaranteed relief obtained after a few glasses of red wine. ;)
  • texmex39
    texmex39 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can buy Mag07 which will definitely help you with constipation and its gentle.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fiber is a huge contributor and almost everyone doesn't get enough. 31.5 grams, which is the "daily recommended minimum" is only met by 97% of Americans source

I highly suggest upping your fiber intake and your water intake as well - if you keep that consistent then your constipation should resolve
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Beans. Whole grain bread/pasta/cereal.
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue. Started probiotics and that helped.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    400gr.of brussel sprouts and one pepper yesterday...4 times this morning. i won't be doing that again any time soon!
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was super backed up the other day and decided to try something.

Chia seeds! Four tablespoons have 25 gs of fiber. I put them in a glass of orange juice and gulped em down because let's face it, chia texture is not for everyone.

Two hours later.....a chia turd....

It was such glorious relief. SOLID relief if you get my drift.

Now I sprinkle flax seeds on a lot of stuff or do a chia drink when I'm having really bad BMs due to ibs.
    So if you want a super quick fiber intake, chia seeds work :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was super backed up the other day and decided to try something.

Chia seeds! Four tablespoons have 25 gs of fiber. I put them in a glass of orange juice and gulped em down because let's face it, chia texture is not for everyone.

Two hours later.....a chia turd....

It was such glorious relief. SOLID relief if you get my drift.

Now I sprinkle flax seeds on a lot of stuff or do a chia drink when I'm having really bad BMs due to ibs.
    So if you want a super quick fiber intake, chia seeds work :)

Is there a Mr. Hanky chia pet yet?
  • Christina_3192
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Christina_3192
    Options
    Ok my commenter is being funky!!
    Lemme try this again, I am laughing so hard at the mr hanky chia pet